Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2016

Registry Offices!

RomanticPurpleCakes343, 25 of April of 2015 at 18:36 Posted on Planning 0 22

I was wondering if anyone had any tips of northern registry offices that didn't look like an office inside! We have a very tight budget, so going for registry office - but would prefer it to be a little prettier than our local!

Any advice or suggestions are hugely appreciated!

Sophie x

22 replies

Latest activity by Asmurfette, 30 of April of 2015 at 14:36
  • M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Both Leeds and Wakefield have nice ceremony rooms.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Stay away from Wakefield! Room is OK but there's no grounds outside and it's very hot inside in summer.

Leeds Town Hall Brodrick Suite is the nicest at LTH. The best one in Leeds is the Civic Hall. You can see Leeds Civic Hall wedding photos here

• H
    Beginner April 2011
    HappyPurpleStationery342 ·
    • Hide content

Leeds registry office/town hall venues look good, a friend of mine got married at York register office, it's lovely there.

Whereabouts are you?

• R
    Beginner September 2016
    RomanticPurpleCakes343 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both!! The Leeds civic hall pictures look great. Going to keep looking just in case, but it's definitely top of the list! Thanks again Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner September 2016
    RomanticPurpleCakes343 ·
    • Hide content

We're in Southport on the north west coast! But thinking to stay over the night somewhere... Honestly just looking for the nicest cheapest option! ? can't believe how much weddings cost!!

• T
    Beginner September 2015
    TheNewHyacinth ·
    • Hide content

It's around 30 mins drive from southport but have you looked at Knowsley Registry Office?

Very pretty building and lovely little grounds to the back.

It's £219 to have your wedding in the grounds using the garden gazebo - including access to an indoor room in case of poor weather.

Indoors isn't all that pretty (average) but the grounds and outside of the building are lovely.

it's where I am having mine.

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is that the one in prescot? i live near there and seen that building during my whole life, but only since i started looking at weddingy stuff did i realise it even had a private garden etc, its very nice isnt it? .. im currently looking at a hotel wedding but if that fails i will be happy to have my ceremony there.. wouldnt know where to start looking for reception venue locally though.. any ideas?

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    lyn-lyn ·
    • Hide content

Hi soontobeasmurfette have you considered, the village (whiston), the suites (Knowsley), Everglades or hilcrest (Widnes) all local and all licenced for weddings x

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

Yeah The Hillcrest is currently hotel of choice, but long story, but we can't book anything yet, but are set on a date when we can.. The village never answers any emails - annoying! .. i was thinking more of if these venues aren't available and we went for registry office, where we could hold reception only... can't really think of anywhere for reception only apart from the above... The Suites is nice, but looking to be out of budget.. OH id dead against Everglades, personal reasons x

• T
    Beginner September 2015
    TheNewHyacinth ·
    • Hide content

Yes it's the one in Prescot Smiley smile It's on the expensive side of a reg office I think but worth it for that nicer look Smiley smile

I don't recommend the village ... we also had a very hard time getting an answer from them about anything and every staff member said something different O.o We only enquired at MIL's behest so they didn't make a very good impression at all.

We're having our evening reception in our local pub in St Helens - they shut down for the day for you, full access etc, and don't charge a venue fee just food and drink - and it's a lovely pub too - very picturesque! The food is fairly reasonably priced too.

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    lyn-lyn ·
    • Hide content

I loved the downstairs room at the hilcrest wasn't that sure about the upstairs room, the bridal suites there are lovely x

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content

Ahh good to know about the village. Which pub hyacinth? .. Dunno if I could afford exclusive pub tho.
    I haven't been in person to the hillcrest but they've been really good with communication & quotes seem good. Which room would be upstairs?

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    lyn-lyn ·
    • Hide content

The room upstairs was just a normal square function room with a small bar just outside, the downstairs room was open with loads of character I loved it OH wasn't to sure he thought it was old fashioned xx

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmm.. are both of these used for receptions? x

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    lyn-lyn ·
    • Hide content

Think you could choose which one you wanted. If you was to get married there as well that would take place in a different room xx

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am hoping to go see it in a few weeks, i'll take a close look at upstairs x

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    lyn-lyn ·
    • Hide content

There's only you and your OH that can make that decision on what suits you both.
    Good luck and keep us informed xx

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, will do - just had a look through our emails but no mention of the rooms i was quoted for .. the brochure states cu restaurant/t.square .. i think one holds more than the other..

• T
    Beginner September 2015
    TheNewHyacinth ·
    • Hide content

Smurfette, I shall P.M you the name of it. Because I don't want them to get massively popular in the next four months and change things, even though I know i've paid a deposit.

It's a £50 deposit, they close the main restaurant and the occasion rooms down for you [and the bar] for the full day. The kids play area is still open to public but it's in it's own seperate room with it's own toilets and bar so they don't bother you at all...even have their own entrance to the pub.

No charge for having them as your venue as long as you use them for food and guests [or you] buy drinks from their bar. They have a 3 course carvery menu for £20 per head .... and then they have a few different buffet packages.

We've opted not to do a sit down meal and are just doing a large buffet as we have around 120 guests .... our buffet is going to be around £1700 total as we're going for a huge selection but they have a basic buffet package that starts at £5 per head for chicken drumsticks, chips, pork pies, sandwiches, unlimited tea and coffee and sausage rolls.

The actual outside of it front and back is gorgeous. Inside is fairly nice as well.

Food is lovely - the chef is great.

It's around 8ish miles maybe from prescot reg. though so depends if your guests are up for driving.

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content

Oh didn't know you could pm on here?

Sounds like you got yourself a good deal. There are some lovely pubs around n about so might be worth a look x

• T
    Beginner September 2015
    TheNewHyacinth ·
    • Hide content

Ive sent you it ... dunno if youve received it?

it's right around the corner from where you got your dress from (you named shop on another thread. I live on the same street as that shop hence i recognised it. not a stalker lol)

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content

I'm on my phone so can't see anything but will check later. But I think I know where you mean. Not too far from me at all. Haha didn't think you were a stalker x

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can't seem to find a pm section on here ?? ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics