Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kizzi10000
Beginner August 2016

Rehearsal - civil ceremonies

kizzi10000, 5 of February of 2015 at 12:43 Posted on Planning 0 9

Do you get one with a register office ceremony? I did when I got married in a church, but have no idea this time. And it doesn't say anything on the paperwork.

a) I hate going somewhere new that I don't know the layout of etc (if I have to go somewhere I've not been I will bring up google maps and street view!) so it would be a lot less stressful to be at least vaguely familiar with the inside of the building

b) I'd like to know how long it might take to walk down the 'aisle' so I can time the music so OH gets to listen to the whole of the bit I want him to

Don't know if it would be ok to have a look round the place in advance.... perhaps I could pay the ceremony fee in person nearer the time and ask if I could poke my nose in the room if it's not in use?

9 replies

Latest activity by Sam&Louise, 5 of February of 2015 at 14:12
  • S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Did you not view it before you booked it? We've been to our venue about three times now for various things (to view it, meet caterers etc). I'm sure they wouldn't mind you coming to look around properly, they should expect it really?

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have one because it cost an extra £92 to organise it, but I don't know if that's specific to our area. Give your registar's office a ring and ask, they should be able to tell you. Or ring your venue directly - they must know x

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

You don't tend to have rehearsals for civil ceremonies in my experience

I'm sure if you contacted the registry office they would show you around.

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's at the actual register office, not an approved venue, so have seen a picture of the room and the outside on the council website.

I feel I've pestered them enough recently with emails lol, just wondered if there was anyone knowledgable on here

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

No practice runs, just the real thing! Having said that, you should definitely ask them when you can go and take a look, everyone should be able see their venue before their wedding day!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

/\ /\ /\ this. Nuff said Smiley smile x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

/\ /\ /\ this. Nuff said Smiley smile x

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe it's an area thing but in Herts they were happy to show us prior to booking - just ask worst they can do it say no. Or just pop in.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    Mrs_P_To_Be ·
    • Hide content

We are having a rehearsal at our venue with the registrar but that's mainly because OH has never been to a UK wedding so he wants to know what to expect! It cost us extra but it's worth it for us.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Even registry offices tend to have open days or times when couples are welcome to come in and look around. It might be worth asking them when their next one is so that you can go and view, and do a trial run going down the aisle etc.

Lots also offer the option of a rehearsal, but these are chargeable. I think it was about £120 for the registry office we looked at in Kent.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics