Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RockabillyBaker
Curious August 2014

Reid Rooms

RockabillyBaker, 24 of May of 2013 at 18:34 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi,

We're due to look around Reid Rooms (near Chelmsford Essex) this Tuesday, it's the first venue that we've looked at. Can anyone suggest questions or things that we should look out for? Or has anyone got married or taken the photos there before and has advise?

Looking at their official photos I'm wondering if it's a little dark inside.

I really want to use festoon lighting both inside and outside but as it's a listed building to they have strict rules about what you can and can't hang up?

Very excited, when I first saw it I was like finally pretty and affordable and all ready to book straight away just to get it over and done with so I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know of any flaws so I won't rush into anything.

6 replies

Latest activity by artisanwedding.co.uk, 3 of June of 2013 at 17:04
  • flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

It's lovely and we were going to go for it the only thing is the dance floor and bar are in a separate room and there isn't enough room in there to take more than a couple of chairs in. Don't want to discourage you cos it is lovely, but you should be aware.

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I have done several weddings at the Reid Rooms and I think it is a wonderful venue.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We've shot there quite a few times and it's a lovely venue Smiley smile

In the nicest possible way, their gallery doesn't show it at its best (IMO) as loads of the photos are really old/samey and do not show of it's versatility.

The ceremony room is a little darker than some, but nothing that isn't workable. Our last couple there (Nov 2012, with a later ceremony, so darkish anyway) had LED candles everywhere and it was gorgeous. They did the same in the dancefloor area and it looked really good.

Would you like to see some full wedding galleries from there? I think that might help put your mind at rest as there is honestly nothing to worry about. If so, drop us an email ?

*******@*****************.**.** and i'll get a couple sent over to you.

Staff there are wonderful too and very helpful in our experience!

More than happy to help if you have any specific questions about anything.

The dance floor and bar are in the same room though? There is a separate lounge/seating area, if that's what you mean sarahmarie?

• E
    Beginner October 2013
    Emma158 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We viewed 3 venues and loved 2 of them (one being The Reid Rooms) We have chosen to get married at The Reid Rooms as it feels really intimate and the grounds are beautiful. It just felt more 'us' and every time we've been back to have a look round, I've fallen in love with it all over again!

Good luck on Tuesday-let us know how you get on :-)

Emma

• RockabillyBaker
    Curious August 2014
    RockabillyBaker ·
    • Hide content

Hi we've just viewed the Reid Rooms and I think that it looks lovely, especially the ceremony room. I'm just not sure about the size of the dance floor, my family really want us to have this huge party wedding arghhh. Going to look at Hylands next, Really love that guest house at Reid, would like to stay there for a hen do it would be like an Austen novel.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Is that Hylands house you mean? If so, the dance floor area isn't much bigger than at the Reid Rooms Smiley sad

I can send you a gallery for hylands too if you'd like a look? If so just email again letting us know and i'll get that one over to you.

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Of the two, I'd definitely go with Hylands... Please don't get me wrong, Reid Rooms is a lovely venue, but Hylands is just magnificent... Beautifully appointed both inside and out.

Of the caterers available, I'd go with Spencer Annes Smiley winking

Pete x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics