Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner September 2016

Religious Ceremony but not in a church - what to include/leave out?

19801981, 2 of October of 2015 at 10:54 Posted on Planning 0 2

I have found a minister to marry us and conduct a religious ceremony in our venue (which isn't a church) where we will also be holding the reception after. However, I am not sure if we should still have it exactly as you would in a church eg hymns. We won't obviously have an organist or anything though there is a sound system which connects to an mp3 player (which can play the entrance music to walk down the aisle etc) - just not sure if this would be effective for hymns? Has anyone had a similar issue? Thanks.

2 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 2 of October of 2015 at 15:23
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

We had a religious ceremony not in a church, conducted by a minister of the Church of Scotland. We had the traditional Scottish pipe music to walk into, and no hymns or anything like that. But then we only had eleven guests, so hymns might have sounded a bit odd!

• F
    Beginner August 2016
    FutureMrsMarshall ·
    • Hide content

Ohh I'm thinking about this too! Our ceremony is not completely religious and will be performed by a celebrant, but does include a few religious elements, most importantly a hymn. If the budget allows, I will have a violin and a piano to play the processional etc., which could then also accompany the hymn. If that doesn't work out you could also get an instrumental version on mp3? I was planning to instruct a few family members to start loudly and pull the rest along! ? I'd love to hear what you decide, please keep me updated!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

If you would like songs/hymns the solution may be to book a soprano duo to perform the music?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics