Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Blonde Viki
Beginner July 2012

Remedies/medicine for anxiety/nerves...

Blonde Viki, 8 July, 2012 at 21:44 Posted on Planning 0 30

With less than a week to go I think the nerves have hit. I've been feeling twitchy and sick for a few days. Painful stomach and slight nausea.

I think I can't keep trying to tough it out and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good remedy?

30 replies

Latest activity by Red Baroness, 10 July, 2012 at 10:58
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Awwww BV!!! Will a big 'it's all going to be ok' hug help? ?

I've seen posts about here with some herbal tablet I think that people take a few days beforehand to keep this kind of thing at bay but can't remember for the life of me what it is.

Almost there now, a week and you'll be a married lady - I am so freeeking excited for you xx

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

BV-'Rescue remedy' is great! I took it on the morning of the wedding and I was so chilled out it was un real! My mum swears by it!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats the one I meant too, just couldn't remember the name ?

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Hugs are definitely appreciated.

I just can't seem to focus feeling like this, and with a few bits and bobs left to do I'd rather sort it out now than later!

I go past a superdrug on the way to work so I'll pick up some Rescue Remedy - thanks for the recommendation Smiley smile

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Whats your plans for the rest of the week in terms of work, heading up north, getting everything finished etc? If you have everything planned out then all will be fine - though I know that means nothing when it comes to anxiety. I get anxiety about the wedding and I'm still over 7months off so mine is totally unwarranted but doesn't make it any easier.

Anything I can help with just give a shout x

• T
    Beginner July 2012
    Thursday Bride ·
    • Hide content

Bach Flower Rescue Remedy is really good - have you tried a warm bath with lavender oil to aid sleep (and even spraying lavender on sheets) as a good night's sleep can be hard to come by when over anxious

- hope it helps & you feel calmer

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

wss I have suffered with anxiety attacks for a number of years now and find this helps a great deal. Also with it being herbal it doesn't bother me using it as much as it would to take medication as such. I will certainly have some in my bag of essentials on the day xx

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

I'd second rescue remedy. Might be worth a look at the other Bach flower remedies too. They make rescue remedy which is a mix but also do individual remedies for specific things which might be better.

A decent size Boots or Holland and Barratt will do them and they normally have a booklet telling you which one you need. The liquid drops are the best either drop straight under your tongue (better absorption) or add to water and constantly sip it. It's in a brandy (I think) base so has quite a strong taste on its own.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tastes lush.

Rescue Remedy is a good shout.

You know where I am if you need me Viking ?

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

The logistics are mostly sorted, only 2 more days at work, then a day or two down here sorting things out, collecting stationery,suits etc. Then home to mum and dad, hair and nails etc surprise afternoon tea with mam. Head to Derbyshire on Friday to drop things off at venue, small pre-wedding party at a local pub then.... THE day.

A couple of suppliers stressing me out through lack of comms but I'm going to phone them tomorrow, they've had long enough to reply to emails.

I think I'm just anxious about rain spoiling the day or guests not enjoying themselves or a whole heap of other things I can't put into words - just generalised worry! Please don't think I'm pathetic, I honestly thought I'd be ok - something somewhere in my brain has just gone *ffffffffnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhh*

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Weather and guests enjoying themselves - do not let these things even enter your mind again. There's nothing you can do about the weather and as for guests well if anyone shows signs of not enjoying themselves get me on speedial and I'll take their place!

Everything else sounds like you have in hand, definatley pick up the phone to suppliers who have not replied to emails to verify plans.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Sending you big hugs ?

**nothing useful to add other than thirding rescue remedy **

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, I know but it's hard to come to terms with. No one imagines rain on their wedding day. I just worry that if it's tipping it down I won't be able to take my time having a look at the car etc as it arrives and it'll just be a mad dash to get in. Plus I'll stress about getting my dress wet. Then no outdoor pics Smiley sad

I know I might not mind when I come out the other side but it's hard to try and prepare myself for it.

One supplier I don't know what to do about. I bought a wrap (from a quite well known company who makes them) and when it came it was too big. I'm not sure if it was because I lost weight or the measurements were wrong but anyway, lady said she would alter it for me. Sent it back to her 3 weeks ago (recorded delivery) and havent heard anything since. I see from twitter she's been away to Barcelona. I emailed this morning, reminding her of my wedding date and related travel (in case she thought she had all week!) but haven't heard back yet. I'm just concerned there's not much time to get the thing back to me.

That, and now all the sewing is over, I still have to hand stamp and assemble 80 favour boxes!

Thanks for your support!!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I don't want to give too much away, but don't buy any Rescue Remedy, and have your mum keep an eye out for the postman Smiley winking

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't worry about the weather. The reports said 3 months of rain in 3 days this weekend, yet it's been lovely. Next weekend will be fab, lovely sunshine - just you watch xx

• Rusty the Clown
    Rusty the Clown ·
    • Hide content

You could always watch the tennis again. Vent all your frustrations towards the TV?

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

did i ever tell you i love you? because i do Smiley smile

• Rusty the Clown
    Rusty the Clown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, Stripey one. You are so sweet!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She is!

Can i just check... will Rescue Remedy help me sleep or should i get something else for that?

• Rusty the Clown
    Rusty the Clown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Whiskey and Night Nurse ?

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

I second the Night Nurse for sleeping!

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Is it really bad to point out the scientific shortcomings of the major recommendation here?

Try lavender oil, bath and pillow, and antihistamines for sleep. Cut out caffeine entirely. Go for a run. Have sex.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unless they're health related they don't really matter though? If it works, I mean. Which it seems to.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

*Goes to naughty step*

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

I think I'm willing to try anything at this stage. The lack of sleep seems to be worse for my health than anything I can get in a bottle!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I need drugs for this too!

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    Spookle ·
    • Hide content

I have panic attacks and swear by rescue remedy.

Also imperial leather de-stressing bath soak or the radox one works wonders. They do it in shower gel too.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

I used rescue remedy spray for my wedding day and I'm sure it helped. I think I overdid it a bit though as it made me sooo thirsty!

I believe they do one specifically for sleep too.

I haven't really found any herbal remedies that work for my sleep but I believe noctura is good and anything that contains valerian and hops.

Hope that helps! :-)

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I started myself on Kalms yesterday, and had a bit of Rescue Remedy too. I slept well for the first time in ages last night, so I think itmay have helped!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics