Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2012

Remembering Mum.....

lucindaveronique, 22 of June of 2012 at 12:37 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hiya

Really want to have something at our wedding to remember mum by. Unfortunately she passed away back in 2008. I've decided I want a vase full of her favourite flowers but also want people to know why the vase of flowers are there. Have been thinking may be a photo frame with her pic and 'in loving memory' on it or may be just a candle with the same sort of enscription. What does everyone think? Is a photoframe too much? I don't want people to feel uncomfortable.

Lucy

10 replies

Latest activity by ButterflyChild, 24 of June of 2012 at 23:45
  • Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

I'm have a photo charm of my mum on my bouquet, my sixpence is from the year she was born, I'm having photos of mum and other passed family members on the fireplace at the venue and we are having a balloon release to send the party up to the angels.

So yes I think it's a lovely idea x

• gonnaBMrsF
    Beginner October 2013
    gonnaBMrsF ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah,this is a lovely idea - I would like a balloon release and even more so now! ?

• MissTtoMrsB
    Beginner August 2012
    MissTtoMrsB ·
    • Hide content

My mum died when i was young and my grandad who brought me up has recently passed away so we are going to light a candle for them at the beginning of the service.. but im also having a photo of them both at the reception, i think its a lovely idea and i might add a vase of my mums favourite flowers to the table now too ?

• Tracy2012
    Beginner June 2012
    Tracy2012 ·
    • Hide content

My mum died in 1990 (i was 10). I've got a small photo frame to attach to my bouquet.

• missmac13
    Beginner July 2013
    missmac13 ·
    • Hide content

I think that is a lovely idea, My OHs dad passed away from cancer when he was younger and when his brother got married he had a photo of him at a table with flowers it was lovely to see. His other brother had a clogg (they are dutch) We are also trying to think of a nice way to include the memory of his dad and sadly our twin boys we lost them when they were born premature. I was thinking about having forget me nots in my bouquet but I also love the idea of a balloons as we do this every year on their birthday. Do what feels right for you both it was your mum and it's your wedding day so don't worry about anyone else. xx

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    lucindaveronique ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Thank you all for your replies. I'll talk it over with OH and see what he thinks is a good idea. I like the idea of the six pence too! I'm also collecting rings from my grandparents to have sewn into my dress so they will all be there during the ceremony but no one will know.

• A
    Beginner March 2013
    AlisonM ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I think that sounds like a lovely idea - think my OH wants to do something similar for his Dad & we came across this on Ebay just today:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABSENCE-MEMORIAL-MEMORY-REMEMBERANCE-CANDLE-FOR-YOUR-WEDDING-DAY-PERSONALISED-/140741001063?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item20c4d13f67

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bexycola ·
    • Hide content

My Partner lost his Mum almost 2 years ago and she was a huge part of our family so we are getting married at the church where she is buried, and Ill be putting my bouquet down for her after the service - its made up of her favourite flowers. I'm attaching a small photo of her and Tom to it aswell. I've also mentioned in our order of service why we're getting married at this particular church and why we felt it was so important.

At the reception I'm putting up all photos of our parents & grandparents getting married where our cake will be and last but not least the last song our band will play will be her favourite song (it was played at her funeral but luckily its a get up and dance one!)

I hope I've struck the right balance but to be honest we're both happy with how she will be remembered on the day so, as another poster said, thats all that matters xx

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

I was very close to my Maternal Grandmother, unfortunately she passed away in 2003. I am having a single violet flower placed in my bouquet (her name was Violet) in her memory. It's just something that only My mum, dad, H2B and I will know about Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics