Just wanted to share a virtual poppy...

11.11.2010 x

14 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 11 of November of 2010 at 11:49
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Do you knw, im the ONLY one in the office today wearing a poppy, makes me so sad Smiley sad

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Do you know I buy a poppy every year without fail and this year I have not seen one poppy seller and am so upset I have not got one today, I am imposing a 2 minute silence on my team tho, it's so important to remember all those who have fought for us x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We always have boxes of poppies in reception... they are definately becoming rarer though.

Our fire alarm will signal the 2 minute silence today...

It is sad, and we must do all we can to keep the poppies going x

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Ive seen loads of sellers here in Birmingham. Tend to be around the shopping areas mind you.

Just about to send my email around the office about the minutes silence - they are mostly men and you know how they tend to forget ?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

It's so important that people carry on wearing poppies.

Both of my children have gone to school today wearing poppies and they both understand why - I think the next generation need to know exactly why this day is so important.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I always respected the silence but since just before Christmas '08 the meaning has become more significant as my best friend (CBM) lost her BIL in Afghanistan. All our boys and girls past and present deserve all our respect and love. Words just will never be enough xxx

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    shani14 ·
    • Hide content

My OH is in Afghan now, Miss him more today.

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM XXX

• helsbels35
    Beginner
    helsbels35 ·
    • Hide content

I am wearing mine today, as my OH is in the armed forces I think it has double impact on how I feel, every year as a family we go to the local remembrance day service in my village.

We will remember them

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I'm sooooo p'ed off! I got my last patient seen at 11:58 so had written my notes before 11:00. There I was thinking about everything (like the rest of the country) and heard voices so walked down the corridor... There was the receptionist and the dept sister talking at recpetion in front of the patients! I don't care if it was work related, why can't people give two minutes of their time when soldiers give so much more???? There's people risking their lives even now for us and people just don't respect it!!!

PS All my love to the forces' wives and wives-2-Bs xxx

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Aw a lovely tribute Mrs C.

We just had all our classes empty and just had a rather embaressing little cry with one of the trainers.

OH lost too many friends over the past 2 years and I got this horrible thought about him in my head, then the tears started... I'm such a dramatic wimp! Smiley sad

One of the girls just bought me a choccybar and strategically discretely placed it on my desk - bless her!

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Just posted on OT about this - no-one in my office stayed silent. one guy even started a telephone call on the dot of 11am. thoughtless.

to all those in the forces, past and present, including my 90yr old pop, who fought on the beaches of dunkirk.

we will remember them.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

My phone rang & I refused to answer it.

I am fuming after watching the news just now and seeing some little sh**bag staeling Poppy Tins in Bristol. I would love 5 mins in a locked room with him....

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

You know, thats funny you should say that about poppy sellers - haven't seen any in the local town to me either. I work in a florists and even they werent selling them.

I did finally find a hotel reception selling some so got mine there, but i've seen very few people wearing them. I'm about to head out so will be interested to see if folk have them on today.

Big hugs for Shani14 and others with loved ones fighting overseas ...

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My love and best wishes you way Shani. I know when my OH was away it was without a doubt the hardest time of my life so far.

But if anything can pull us through the hard times it's love.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Thinking of Shani & everyone who has loved ones fighting for their Country.To the ones who didn't make it home...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics