Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Dreamer*
Beginner February 2023 Surrey

renewal of wedding vows so our children can attend

*Dreamer*, 19 of November of 2013 at 13:10 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Everyone

my husband and me got married 14 years ago and we have been through so much together in that time sometimes not so easy, but we still love each other very much and have gotten through everything together.

we also have five children now and want them to be able to see us getting married again (renewal of vows)

I have booked a registry office in Cornwall which is my favourite place since I was a young girl and we have had many holidays there together over the last 14 years. We are staying in Cornwall for the week.

It will only be a small celebration with us and our children but would like to wear a nice dress ivory dress (but nothing over the top that says definite wedding dress) and I want our girls in matching dresses ages 8, 11 and 13 and our boys ages 14 and 4 in matching suits we are on a tight budget but just cant seem to find anything anyone have any ideas on where to find outfits for all of us that don't cost a fortune?

Also were looking for somewhere to have a nice meal after the ceremony but as were getting married at 14.30 I cant seem to find anything that's open until 6pm we live in surrey so were five hours away so have to look on the net but don't seem to be able to find anywhere can anyone help?

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by *Dreamer*, 19 of November of 2013 at 13:55
  • cantwait2bmrsj
    Beginner September 2014
    cantwait2bmrsj ·
    • Hide content

Thats such a lovely idea. Cornwall is a beautiful part of the country. If we hadn't found our venue I think we would have gone down there. Are you wanting a long or short dress? Lindy bop have some lovely ivory knee length 50s style dresses, they haven't got kids versions but I would think they would have something similar for kids on ebay. Where bouts in cornwall are you getting married? I have family down there so might be able to suggest some places for a meal if they're near there.

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Congrats on the vows renewal!

First, the dresses, I also recommend ebay, or highstreet. Something like BHS Kids, or Matalan might be ideal for what you're looking for?

For the restaurant, sounds a bit silly, but have you Checked http://www.visitcornwall.com/? Another option is to ask your hotel for recommendations, they are usually the best at it! Smiley laugh

Good luck

• *Dreamer*
    *Dreamer* ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I don't really mind a long or short dress just something not to over the top the 50s style sounds nice I will take a look.

We are getting married in Penzance but staying in Marazion at the st aubyn estate as I absolutely love St Michael's Mount there is a place very close to there with views of st Michael's mount called The Godolphin Arms but there under construction and it will not be ready until later in April and were renewing our vows on the 4th. Its a shame as it would have been ideal x

• *Dreamer*
    *Dreamer* ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have been looking on ebay but cant find anything lol I have found some lovely dresses for my girls on the bhs wedsite but want to make sure I could find two nice matching navy suits for my two boys as ones 4 and ones 14.

I have tried visitcornwall.com but found most places close between 3 and 6pm and really I wanted to go from the registry office then go for a meal

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics