Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Moose in the Garage
Beginner May 2005

Renewing Wedding Vows - present suggestions

Moose in the Garage, 5 of May of 2009 at 17:13

Posted on Off Topic Posts 32

My daughter and her bf have been invited to the Wedding Vow Renewal ceremony of someone she used to work with. She has asked me for ideas of what to get for a present and I am passing on that request to the great and knowledgeable of Hitched because I have never been to such an occasion and I have...

My daughter and her bf have been invited to the Wedding Vow Renewal ceremony of someone she used to work with. She has asked me for ideas of what to get for a present and I am passing on that request to the great and knowledgeable of Hitched because I have never been to such an occasion and I have no idea!

The couple in question are early 30s, quite "out there" as my daughter put it ie not fuddy-duddy types. Daughter and bf have not much money to spend. Help please!

32 replies

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Lol. And there was me thinking that renewals were either a sort of personal emotional thing that sometimes went all out because people didn't have the money for it when they married. And why not. But do people get wedding presents or cash again a few years later for a renewal? Is this a one off or the norm.

I'm having a second marriage and not inviting people this time and I've put in the website for when I go public no wedding presents we have everything we need. Just for those behind your back conversations of we are not invited am I still supposed to buy a gift!

Surely you don't get renewal gifts or cash towards a second honeymoon?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics