Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Consuela Banana Hammock

Replacement batteries for WW bathroom scales

Consuela Banana Hammock, 16 of February of 2009 at 15:41 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 6

Sorry to ask a daft question but does anyone know where I can get hold of a new battery for my WW bathroom scales? It's a small round flat Maxell 3V one?

?

6 replies

Latest activity by Consuela Banana Hammock, 18 of February of 2009 at 18:54
  • K
    kr ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a set of these but was just wondering if it's like a watch battery? If so you might be able to get one at a watch repair place or even somewhere like argos maybe?

ETA are they like this?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9801334/Trail/searchtext%3EBATTERIES.htm

K

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

Yes kr - it looks just like that. I'll see if my local supermarket have any on their battery stand but there is a jewellery/watch place next door so I'll definitely give them a go if I have no luck. That's my job for tomorrow so I can weigh-in at the end of the week.

The scales at my gym are so rubbish (old-fashioned bathroom scales) that I can't tell if I've stayed the same, lost half a kg or put half a kg back on! ? When you step off them, the needle doesn't go back to 0 - how useless is that?!

• Smint
    Beginner June 2007
    Smint ·
    • Hide content

I got mine in Asda - I suspect most supermarkets will have them

• S
    Beginner October 2005
    SAM83 ·
    • Hide content

Mine ran out on the weekend as well funnily enough. We bought some in Tescos. As Smint said I assume most places would have them.

• Hide content

Got one at my local Waitrose when I popped in earlier but now I have a new problem - I can't get an accurate reading ANYWHERE in my house!

At the gym I have weighed, consistently, 65 or 64.5kg for the past few weeks which is around 10st 1 or 10st 2 I think. In the bathroom I got readings of 11st 11, 10st 12, 7st 2 (?!) and so I went off around the house and tried the living room and the kitchen (all hard floors) and couldn't get the scales to say ANYTHING near 10st 1 or 10st 2.

So I've given up. I'm going to go back to using the ones at the gym. They might be old-fashioned but I trust them. <sigh>

• Smint
    Beginner June 2007
    Smint ·
    • Hide content

I'd go with the 7 stone 2 weight and be done with the dieting!

Have you checked how you've put the battery in, as I had the same problem with my kitchen scales. The battery holder was in the wrong way and when I changed it, it was fine

• Hide content

I think it's fine but I will double check that. Thanks Smint.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics