Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

micranisi
Beginner December 2012

Rescue Remedy

micranisi, 12 of October of 2012 at 14:13 Posted on Planning 0 8

Has anyone used this? How likely is it to disagree with me? I haven't used it before but was thinking of getting some to use on my wedding day, but I don't want to find I'm allergic to it or something. I can't think of anything happening between now and then that might get me into such a state where I'd be able to try it, IYSWIM?

Any experiences?

8 replies

Latest activity by zebralea, 15 of October of 2012 at 18:55
  • Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

I bought two tins of the pastilles which I was popping like smarties whilst getting ready on my wedding day, also had the spray and it did sweet FA to calm my nerves. I am convinced it is just an expensive placebo. I wouldn't waste your money. You would be much better practising some breathing techniques to try and calm your nerves on your big day IMO.

• EPW Photography (HIB)
    EPW Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have never used it so don't know but it seems very popular with brides, I would say 8 out 10 times I see the bottle in the bride's bathroom...

Good luck

Evelyne x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I have used the specific Bach's mixtures for many years and they work well. Never used the general remedy though. If you're not too keen on taking it on the day and just want to relax prior to your wedding, how about having an aromatherapy massage a few days before and just some general pampering at the beauty salon? Another good relaxer is lavender oil. A couple of drops in a warm bath every night for a week and pop a couple of drops at the top of your pillow where it won't touch your skin and it sends you to sleep like a baby! Brisk walks everyday are also good for calming and relaxing too.

• J
    Beginner July 2013
    jaxxs ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic stuff, doesn't disagree with me and I'm allergic to most things! I use it a lot to calm my nerves when competing my horses, takes that edge off where I want to be sick from anticipation and nerves and andrenalin! I also used it when I was dating-personally felt I was so much calmer. Could be a mind thing-u think u will be calmer because U have taken it so you convince yourself u r calmer... Who knows, works for me-definately having a few drops wedding morning.

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

I'd thoroughly recommend it but only the original liquid which you can either put into some water and constantly sip or drop straight onto your tongue.

It's in a brandy base so if you're allergic to alcohol don't touch it! Otherwise I don't see that you'd have any problems.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Didn't work for me, when I was taking my driving test my GP recommended paracetamol. I prefer to use the mental rehersal technique. This is where you visualise all the steps of something in your mind and walk yourself through it. Calming and enjoyable.

• micranisi
    Beginner December 2012
    micranisi ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. Spose it wouldnt hurt to have some handy and try it should I feel the need.....

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    Jinglebride ·
    • Hide content

I'm a huge fan of Rescue Remedy! It saw me through my finals and a variety of other scary events! I'm not a fan of the pastilles but often use the spray or the drops in water. You can also get a night time version that's meant to help you sleep better. I can't say I've found it does that but the night time one tastes a bit better than the normal one so I take it during the day!

It might well just be a placebo effect but I don't really care, it seems to do the trick for me!

• Z
    Beginner December 2013
    zebralea ·
    • Hide content

I have used it before.. seemed to work. Failed my driving test twice and then took the rescue remedy on the 3rd time and passed with flying colours.. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics