Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

The Sock Chicken
Beginner August 2010

Rescue Remedy/Kalms

The Sock Chicken, 28 January, 2010 at 10:57 Posted on Planning 0 14

I am thinking about taking one of these before I leave the house on the wedding morning.

Any thoughts?

14 replies

Latest activity by Crystal-Jewels, 29 January, 2010 at 09:28
  • Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I've been thinking the v same thing Zippy so interested in the answers.............

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Well, I have experience of taking Kalms tablets once. I was a bit nervy when taking my driving test and failed the first 2 times so decided to try them for when my third one was booked. On the day I did feel a lot calmer and peaceful, less shaky, and did end up passing the test!

That said, it could have all been completely psychological! But that might even help in itself, iyswim? I think I might take a few Kalms on the morning of the wedding anyway, can't hurt IMO ?

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

I used rescue remedy A LOT on the morning of the wedding and it helped a little but made me very thirsty!! I would have been better off with a glass of wine or champagne I think but I was avoiding it before the ceremony as it tends to make my chest and back go red and blotchy, particularly if I'm excited or nervous. I should have had a glass though as I still went all red and blotchy anyway!! ?

I work in a health shop and would say rescue is better than kalms. Get the spray and it works quickly through the tongue. I would start building it up though perhaps occasional use the day before and throughout the morning of your wedding.

There are plenty of things to help with the nervousness, I would suggest you go to your local health shop and tell them that you're getting married and that you are looking for something natural to help with the nerves!! There are also natural products to help with sleep the night/nights before!

Hope that helps a little!

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content

As a wedding planner, Rescue Remedy is always in my on-the-day wedding bag!!

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

I used Rescue remedy when taking my driving test. I had failed 8....yes 8 times before!!!

I took the drops on my tongue for up to a week before and I passed!!!

So either it really worker with my nerves as that was what was stopping me passing ......or they got fed up with me at the test centre!!!! ?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I am a massive believer in Bachs remedies - I've used them for years and find the specific varieties work better than the all round rescue remedy although the all rescue remedy is brill too! . If you google their website, the list tells you which is best for each symptom.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the advice - it's really helpful and has definitely confirmed in my head that this would be a good option for me. Also good to hear that other brides are thinking of doing the same.

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

I always keep the Bach's Rescue Remedy spray in my bag - I found it really helpful for my driving test 7 years ago and then I used it in the morning of our wedding. It worked a treat!

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Bach rescue remedies are very very good! from experience. I take them for panic attacks and they really help, I even gave them to the cat when we moved house and he was the mosedt chilled out kitty ever!

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

I may get a lynching here ... I think homeopathy is voodoo. However, I'm a big believer in the placebo effect and if it works for people then I can't see it does any harm! My mum sent me some of the flower remedy spray before my uni finals and it was a fun little ritual. I'm certain there was absolutely no scientific reason for it (other than the fact it's diluted alcohol) but it calmed me down, I suppose like a cigarette might a smoker.

I hope I don't get nervous, I think I'm too excited at the moment and that will be my problem!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I am worried about on the day. I don't get them very often, but when I do I get all claustropobic too and have to get out of where I am, I'm guessing that runing away from the altar and ot of the church would not look good!

My dad gives it to his dog when they go on long journeys!

• Chitra
    Chitra ·
    • Hide content

..I used to use the rescue remedy before I took exams at Uni-it really helped me to stay calm! Am sure you will find it very soothing and calming ?

tk care

• emilyx1
    Beginner September 2010
    emilyx1 ·
    • Hide content

I use rescue remedy every time I fly as I am terrified. I don't know if it is all in my head but I do find it helps a lot (that and a large G&T). It doesn't make me thirsty although it does taste a bit odd!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I never leave the house withput my Rescue Remedy. I find the liquid works better than the spray, pastilles or cream for me as it acts faster. I have suffered with anxiety for 15yrs and it is my lifeline.

• Crystal-Jewels
    Crystal-Jewels ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Sherrie and DebbieD.

I've tried Kalms and they didn't really help me much. I used Rescue Remedy when taking my driving test and it was fab. I use the spray. The taste is a bit vile but it works wonders.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics