Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Dedicated March 2024 Essex

Resetting engagement ring

Alison, 2 of September of 2022 at 10:27 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 1
I posted a while back about having my engagement ring resized as it was just way too big. I did and in a terrible stroke of luck the band cracked during resizing and it is beyond repair (very thin, delicate band) where it cannot be seen using traditional methods.

My jeweller said I could have it laser welded but after seeing a second opinion I think that would just be a sticking plaster and it would likely continue to be weak further down the line. Plus I noticed it is also missing a prong on one of the pavé diamonds so that would need to be fixed as well.
I was absolutely gutted about it at first and still am a bit but I’m now looking for solutions I will feel happy with. The place we got it from won’t help because it has been faffed about with and my fiancé feels a replacement ring would lose some of the sentiment.
We are thinking of having the stones reset in a new band of the right size. Does anyone have any experience/thoughts? How much is it likely to cost? One large stone and 6 pavé diamonds.
Thanks

1 replies

Latest activity by Osman, 24 of November of 2022 at 05:38
  • Jon
    Beginner November 2022 South East London
    Jon ·
    • Hide content
    Well firstly… you need to find someone else who is a recognised master Jeweller.. somewhere where you are take all of the stones and a picture of the original ring with you they could possibly either re-create the ring is closest they can all come up with a whole new design that will make you smile even more and take away the memories of what happened to the ordering by making it into something outright new

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics