Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2013

Restaurants/ private dining in/ around Manchester

sugarloaf, 9 June, 2012 at 10:50 Posted on Planning 0 5

My OH and I are having a very low key wedding- we're going to the registry office with no more than a dozen people (immediate families and a handful of guests) and then, instead of a traditional reception, we'd like to book a private room in a restaurant or book the restaurant out (for 40-50 people). Does anyone have any recommendations of nice restaurants in Manchester? (Neither OH or I are from Manchester, but it's where we live now, and we don't usually eat at "nice" restaurants- despite what my OH says, we can't have it at Nando's- and Google isn't helping) We kind of want to avoid "wedding" places because we explicitly don't want a "reception", and we'd like something a little bit different.

I'm willing to leave things pretty open, but I think what we're after is English or European food, in a place with reasonable parking (and ideally some public transport links), that's reasonably easy to get to from the south of Manchester (Stockport and surrounding areas is fine too). The one real idea we have at the moment is the Lime Tree in West Didsbury, for some idea of the style/ calibre we're after.

Thanks for reading, and I greatly appreciate any advice.

5 replies

Latest activity by weemee, 9 June, 2012 at 17:01
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I like The Lime Tree but it's ever so slightly unimaginative - have you tried Greens, over the road. Even better! (Or Rhubarb, round the corner on Burton Road, delightful).

ETA: sorry, just realised you're thinking of the Lime Tree for your wedding breakfast. I wouldn't. Small group dinner service fab, large groups less so.

Anyway, we had a quick look at Didsbury House but it was too small for us, just right for you maybe? It's down towards Fletcher Moss Gardens, on the way to Parrs Wood. We got married in Knutsford in the end, at a restaurant called the Belle Époque - it was just stunning. We had the whole place but they can split the areas depending on party size.

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Stock in Manchester has private dining but not sure it will fit your numbers...try typing in private dining in Manchester ....this is one site that came up for me...

http://www.toptable.co.uk/info/banquets.aspx?m=3200

X

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

There's a lovely all you can eat buffet up the a6 in Stockport, only £12.95 per head ?

Another recc here for Belle Epoque, friends who have been there have said how wonderful everything was. The only other private dining I know of is in the city centre in the Printworks area, so possibly not the style you're looking for.

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

On the subject of the lime tree, I contacted them about 70 guests nd they said there kitchen was too small to cope with those numbers so I would be worried that 50 would be similar x

• psycho_jo
    Beginner August 2012
    psycho_jo ·
    • Hide content

Not brilliant on Geography so may not be close to you (Manchester is huge!) but my friend who lives in Manchester had his reception at this place and it was fab.

http://peruga.co.uk/

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to say Rhubarb too! My favourite restaurant! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics