Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Review of Bexley, Kent, wedding dress shops.

19 of August of 2013 at 11:01 Posted on Planning 0 10

So I visited three shops in Bexley, Kent, on Saturday and thought I would share my thoughts.

First one was Cutting Edge brides - this caters especailly for tea length, 50s style dresses. Don't be put off by the website, this is a beautiful little boutique shop. Biggest range of tea-length dresses I have seen and they stock extra size ranges upstairs so nearly everything fitted! Lovely, helpful assitant and you are the only one trying on dresses during your appointment. Was very close to ordering one in here!

Second one was Hi-brow Brides. Oh my goodness please AVOID!!! They were incredibly rude in here. Told my Mum that the "lights were on but no one was at home" when she misheard a question, told me I was "too hippy" to wear A-line until I begged to be put in a dress I had seen and it looked AMAZING! They continuously slagged off the people that had previously been in the shop ("that girl was far too bolshy") and knew nothing about wedding dresses!!! They didn't know the difference between cathedral and chapel length trains or what designers and styles were what, and put me off ordering a tea length one, saying I wouldn't feel speical enough!!! Even if I liked a dress in there I wouldn't have ordered it from that shop. Awful, rude people!! Plus, the shop and changing room was tiny and they made my bridesmaids sit on the floor!!!

Third one was Bell'amore in Bexleyheath. This is where I ended up ordering my dress. This place is AMAZING. The BIGGEST store I have ever seen. Tonnes of dresses, a seperate groom and bridesmaids department, and a changing/waiting are as big as my flat. The staff were super-professional (even wore uniforms!) and they were so lovely, suggesting amendments and trying hairpieces and straps and accessories. I cannot recommend hightly enough. For you London and Kent people it is definitely worth a try!!!

x

10 replies

Latest activity by YellowDuckie, 20 of August of 2013 at 12:53
  • H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

I'm from here! Have been in Bell'amore a few times but didn't try anything as they didn't have the kind of dress I was looking for, but the dresses they have are very nice! And so are the staff! Cutting Edge are good too aren't they - I tried on one of their tea length dresses at last year's wedding fair at Bluewater. Really nice dress but I thought they were quite pricey. Glad to hear Bell'amore came up trumps for you! Definitely recommend this shop for south-east Londoners ?

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content

Aww this is where i am from Smiley smile I only went to Bell'amore but ended up getting a sample dress from else where.

MY MIL got her dress from Hi-Brow brides, and I wasn't impressed with the bridal shop at all and found the lady very sharp. Also the fact there was only only chair ....

Cutting edge brides i didn't go to , wish i did as it looks so lovely when we drive pass there.

There is also one in crayford that looks ok Smiley smile

But Bell'amore is my fave it is lovely there Smiley winking

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

This is where i ordered my dress from. I found some of the staff a little rude, especially when i bought my 3 bridesmaids to see my dress, apparently you can only bring 2 people with you to try on?!? Wouldnt mind but the shop was empty at the time. Most were lovely and helpful though.

I cant fault the dresses, the range was fantastic and the staff really do know their stuff, suggestion things to try with the dress and they were spot on.

My dress is due in later this month so i just hope they the good sevice continues. My only niggle with them is that dress fittings are only done on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Slightly annoying but really picky on my part.

As for hi-brow brides ... wow! My friends is starting her dress search soon so i will let her know to avoid!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hmm maybe i got them on an off day - or maybe it was because i had already ordered the dress and was bringing the bridesmaids to see it, i.e they already had my order so didnt need to be over helpful as they already had the sale.

Yes i found that most of their dresses were "princess" dresses and had more bling than i had ever seen ha.

I am very much looking forward to getting the call anyday.

The shop doesnt look that big from outside does it but its huge, they have an upstairs for the fittings too.

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad to hear this. I went there (Bell Amore) last week and they were helpful but the assistant was a bit pushy and wouldn't let me choose the dresses I tried on myself. All the dresses were in bags which is great as they're in great condition but they did keep trying to put me in big meringues when I clearly said I wanted slim and fitted. However, they do have one dress that I loved (sincerity 3730) and is on my short list of two favourites (along with Maggie Sottero Violet. I was a bit worried if I went with the sincerity dress about the customer service - as the reviews on google are shocking - but perhaps they would be OK after all. Now to decide on which dress!

• O
    Beginner September 2012
    OrdinaryGirl ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress from Bell'amore too and found the staff to be lovely. Although this was last year, they had plenty of plain (i.e. no bling) dresses with only small trains for me to try on (which was what I wanted). The lady even suggested I buy the cheapest dress I tried on, which I was surprised about as it was about £300 cheaper than the other dress I was deciding between.

• L
    Beginner January 2011
    lynd ·
    • Hide content

Cutting edge bride here... the first shop I went to and I bought the 2nd dress I tried on (specifically wanted a tea-length dress)... lovely lovely ladies.. wonderful service - can't recommend them enough Smiley smile

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Aw that's great that you liked Bell'amore in Bexleyheath! Just down the road from me, so I know a lot of local brides who go there and they all seem to have had nice experiences and also said what you've said - that they've had a great selection. I always look at the shop when I drive past, they have such beautiful dresses and good to know that they have a seperate bridesmaids/grooms section.

There's also a shop in Blackheath which I've heard good reviews about which is called Blackburn Bridal Boutique I think ?

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've also been here (I've been to most of them!). The shop is lovely and the people lovely but their dresses are definitely not the 'normal' wedding stock - they mainly stock Cymberline and Claire Pettibone and dresses like that. Beautiful but expensive - average dress £2-4K from the ones I tried on! Ouch. They do include alterations in the price though which is good. But then again charged me £20 for an appointment so it swings in roundabouts!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics