Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassie
Beginner June 2064 Cambridgeshire

Reviews

Cassie, 7 of September of 2023 at 09:49 Posted on Off Topic Posts 1 6
Hiya, I left a company a review after my sister in laws wedding. I left it through hitched. I didn't say my sister in laws name or any details of her wedding. The company are now telling my sister in law, I need to remove my review or she won't get her deposit back. I can't edit or remove my review. How on earth can I do this? I don't want her to not get her money! Please help. I submitted a request to hitched on Sunday, but not got anything back!?!?! Help!!!!

6 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 7 of September of 2023 at 18:08
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

How do they know you are connected to your sister if you haven't mentioned any details about the wedding? That seems really odd.

• Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My partner posted the same review on their Facebook and he had the same surname. That's the only thing I can think of. He has removed his from Facebook
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My partner posted the same review on their Facebook and he had the same surname. That's the only thing I can think of. He has removed his from Facebook but the company want me to remove mine from hitched. Hitched are saying it hasn't been published but others can see it. I have had to take screen shots of everything to prove I'm trying. Just makes me want other to avoid them more.
  • R
    • Hide content

Reviews are supposed to be independent anyway. So 1) they shouldn't be making it a condition of returning a deposit that you remove a truthful review and b) it's you that wrote the review, not your SIL, who is the one whose wedding it was and who is the one entitled to a deposit.

I would suggest offering to write another review, taking into account the return of the deposit, once your SIL actually has the money.

To be honest, they're being a bit stupid demanding the review comes down anyway - because there's nothing to stop you or anyone else writing more reviews elsewhere later on, and the more unreasonably they behave over this, the more likely you are to do this!

• Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I completely agree and I thing its disgusting! If it was my money , I would be going to trading standards or something. I've managed to get the review down, so hopefully she'll get her money. I don't want to make her life harder than it needs to be. Not really sure how to move forward. Half of me wants to leave it as its done and dusted. The other half or me wants to do something about the treatment 🤔 that's no way of running your business.
  • R
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The problem with trading standards is that there doesn't seem to be much follow through. We recently had an issue where we requested a refund from a company, which their own T&Cs stated we were entitled to, but they refused. We raised a complaint with Trading Standards who found in our favour and emailed the company to let them know they should refund the money, but they are still insisting we have all 'misunderstood' their T&Cs and we are not entitled to a refund. Apparently, Trading Standards won't enforce, it's up to us to take them to the small claims court. Obviously, with a judgement by Trading Standards in our favour, we'd almost certainly succeed, but there comes a point where it's just not worth the stress.

I guess all you can do once the matter is resolved is to warn those you know to avoid this company. Especially those who were at the wedding, since people often book suppliers they've met at other weddings for their own.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics