Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

drewdrop

Revolution Bar Birmingham Cocktail making lesson

drewdrop, 8 October, 2010 at 13:57 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi Girls,

My lovely sister is getting married in Dec and i am her cheif Bridesmaid

I am arranging her hen doo, i have been looking into the cocatail making lessons at Revolution Bar Birmingham

Has anyone been to one? Can you tell me if they are good and what happens etc

?

DD XX

8 replies

Latest activity by niche79, 8 October, 2010 at 17:46
  • Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I went to one for a friends hen do, it wasnt the birmingham one but it was at revolution and it was great, especailly good for getting different groups of friends talking and mixing, we had a seperate bar to the main one that was open to the public so was just our group, (they were really good as they let us snaek in early to put embarrassing picks up and attach them to menus and bottles they would be using as well) then they told us a bit about the history of cocktails, we made our own lemonade to practise balancing flavours then they made us a cocktail each (incl non alcoholic for a pregnant lady but looked the same as the others) then we took it in turns to go up and make all different cocktails after they had demo'd them which was very entertaining for the others to watch and everyone had at least one go and they taught us all kinds of tricks like flaming orange peel for effect and stuff. we got to drink the cocktails they made and the ones we made and we had shots as well.

I would definately recommedn it we left feeling very tipsy and having had a great laugh and when we went back to the bar later in the evening the staff promptly recognised us and ussered us to the front of the queue as VIPs bless em and they all got in the swing of helping us embarrass the hen lol

hope that helps i will stop waffling now x

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

Ooooo Naboo I'm glad you had a good time as we're doing this for my hen do in London ?

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

This sounds fab - do you mind me asking how much it costs per head? And what do you get for that?

• drewdrop
    drewdrop ·
    • Hide content

? Thanks, it sounds fab!!!

The offer is £20 per head for just cocktail lesson or £25 for lesson plus half a pizza and wedges each

We might go for that to soak up the alcohol haha ?

Would it be too much to do a comedy club after do you think? x

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Samsam, you'll have a great time we did it at beginning of the night so the giggles set us up for the rest of it!

Missmayflower, It was about £20 a head and we were there for about 1.5 hrs and for that we got a cocktail when we got there a shot when we left all the cocktails that were made by us and the barmen and the odd shot as forfeit throughout the class, not sure exactly how much we drank but we were all pretty tipsy when we left although we did make the mistake of doing the class before we went for our meal lol!! i thought it was pretty good value for money tho. the bar we went to also charged entry on a night but they let us in free when we went back several hours later so we saved there too x

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The detail I have are that for £20 per person you get:

A drink on arrival, welcome flavoured vodka shots, demonstration of how to make 4 classic cocktails, make 1 drink each behind the bar and have a competition on timings against each other. For £25 per person you get pizza and potato skin platters afterwards to eat with your finished cocktails.

Hope that helps!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I arranged this for my mates hen do in 2008.

We went to the Derby one and it was FAB! We were there about 2 hours - it was £20 each and we got 4 shots and 2 cocktails. The first cocktail we made, the 2nd one the barmaids made for us. We also got loads of wedges, chips, onions rings, garlic breads, etc.

Would highly recommend!

• crazyferretlady
    Beginner November 2011
    crazyferretlady ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd suggest the Glee Club rather than Bar Risa, if we're still talking Birmingham here! That's purely because I can't stand Broad Street on weekends though. YMMV Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I have literally just booked this for 45 of us for our office Christmas do, we are paying £40 each which includes the lesson plus a 3 course meal afterwards, I think that is a special Christmas offer though ! I think it sounds like great fun, I cant wait !!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics