Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mellow_Yellow
Beginner May 2012

Ridiculous dilemma (light-hearted)

Mellow_Yellow, 6 of June of 2014 at 12:52 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

I'm about to get stuck in to tidying the house, but it's such a gorgeous day out. I'm tempted to open the back doors to give the new house a real airing, but I'm terrified of wasps! If one comes in I don't know what I'll do, and H isn't back til after I leave for work tonight.

Yes, it's ridiculous, but WWYD?

11 replies

Latest activity by *Teabag*, 8 of June of 2014 at 19:42
  • ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'm not scared of them, I'll come round and batter it for you ?

A work colleague has recently got a fake wasp's nest which she's hung up - apparently it discourages them from sticking around in your garden as they think the are on someone else's territory when they see the nest. Was only a couple of quid from Amazon, may be worth hanging one in your garden.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

That sounds awesome ATB, I'll need to get one. I am now going to open the doors, keep your phone on ringer!

*only half joking btw*

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I never understood the fear of wasps... what do you think they're going to do to you? Serious question, not sarcastic or anything, just curious as to what the fear is..

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Wasps are evil and sting you just because they want to. I'm not scared of bees because I figure they don't want to sting you as they'll die too. Wasps however are nasty and sting you for the fun of it. Obviously this is fact because I said so ?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

My Mum always leaves an empty jam jar open near the back door and if any do come in which they rarely do, they fly into the jar and get stuck to the sides ?

As for what i'd do..just open the doors, doubt any will come in they'll be too busy sticking to some melted irn bru ice lolly ?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Ali, they sting and it hurts like crazy!! The buzzing also makes my skin crawl.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Squishing is messy and if you miss they chase you - FACT lol. Wasps are nasty nasty nasty. I have the doors and windows open - but have a tea towel to hand which I can grab them with as they usually land on a window. I find them more of a pain when outside to be honest.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Hopefully you got the doors open and no wasps bothered you!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

None at all, although I did get a stray butterfly but I helped it find it's way back out.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I have been stung 3 times in my life by wasps. Each time I was minding my own business and was stung. First time as a 5 year old watching my grandfather talking to someone. I admit to a phobia of them too.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I hate wasps. Absolutely terrified of them. Even thinking about them has my heart pounding and feeling slightly sick.

Fortunately our back door is through the conservatory, so if any do decides to come in and explore, they rarely get further into the house before I shriek and close the doors between the lounge and conservatory so I'm safe.

Blargh. <shudder>

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

We had an enormous bee in our bedroom earlier just because we'd opened the window! It was trying to get out so I ended up using a CD case to direct it to the open window but I was *** scared that it was going to sting me.

It took bloody ages to get it out so I ended up shutting the window. I will probably boil in my bed later!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics