Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2018

Ring bearer or page boy?

SunnyGoldCakes769, 27 of April of 2017 at 01:04 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi, I'm hoping someone could clear this up for me please! Is there any difference in a ring bearer and a pageboy? We;re asking OH nephew to be our 'ring bearer' and wanted to get him a few little gifts, but looking online ring bearer gifts aren't particularly common (except US sites), yet there are a lot of page boy gifts. Are they essentially the same role? I'm so confused! TIA xx

1 replies

Latest activity by Bacchant, 27 of April of 2017 at 11:41
  • Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

I think they are more of an American thing, like Groomsmen. My mum is having my son as a ring bearer, what I understand is they carry the rings down the aisle (sometimes fake rings), whereas Page Boys simply walk down with the flower girls. We aren't having ring bearers, just a page boy and my eldest son is walking just in front of me. Our best man will have the rings.

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I think it's an american thing, they usually carry a set of fake rings down the aisle, whereas page boys usually walk down with the flower girl (or I've seen them help with the brides train, but I'm not sure if that's tradition?).

We were going to have a ring bearer, but then it meant an additional cost of the ring box/fake rings, so we were going to have a page boy. However, it was going to be my OHs second cousin (who I've never met) and I put my foot down saying only if I met him, and since every time we tried to meet up it'd fallen through I said no to the cost of an outfit! So we've just got a flower girl (and I was able to get her a nicer outfit with the extra money!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics