Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nicnol
Beginner October 2011

Ring cushion......are you having one?

nicnol, 18 March, 2011 at 15:41 Posted on Planning 0 16

As the title suggests? I'm undecided on this!

16 replies

Latest activity by WhiteSparkles, 18 March, 2011 at 20:43
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

No way hosay....me no likey ☹️

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Not for me. Ours will be tucked very securely in the Best Person's pocket until the required moment. Besides, I don't know a cute 5 year old to carry the cushion.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

No, most look terribly dated and awful.

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

Just Id been scouring TOGs photos today and noticed a few with ring cushions and was then thinking oh do I need one!? I'm swaying more to no and thinking they look naff as well!!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Our ring bearer will be 8 and we haven't decided quite what to do about rings yet either - but probably not a cushion. Thinking of a little bag to put them in that he can hold on to or something similar.

• A
    Beginner April 2011
    arnold2b ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends if your having a pageboy, my step son had that role and although the ring box is lovely i think a cushion is a bit more significant for him to carry

• Mrs M*
    Beginner August 2011
    Mrs M* ·
    • Hide content

We are having one. my h2b wants a rather traditional wedding plus my little 5 year old brother really wants to be involved. however he will not have the real rings. not sure i could trust him with them. we have found a lovely one that matches our theme perfectly and only cost £3 in a sale.

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Nope, not here. Not sure our best man would be too happy to be deprived of the responsibility of almost losing them in his pocket.

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

No - I'm not a fan

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

We are, but it's not a traditional white satin and lace type. I had some fabric leftover from our bunting (a funky vintage floral and a pink suede) so I've used that and made a ribbon rose to top it off. I wanted to give my nephew who will be our pageboy some important to do, plus our best man will have his hands full with the list I am putting together for him anyway, lol!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

Not having a cushion no, but am currently trying to work out what to do to make sure I don't lose my WR. We're getting married abroad and it's just the 2 of us going so I have to make sure I manage to keep hold of it before I can wear it - as for having it safe for the ceremony itself, I'm toying with the idea of stitching it to one of my flowers in my bouquet (I'm making them out of felt) so I know where it is, and can just snip the threads when I need it in the ceremony.

I was originally going to just buy my WR over there to stop this worry but I wanted a specific thing and found it the other week - it's now (other than my house and my range cooker) the most expensive thing I own so I definitely don't want anything to happen to it!

I didn't think people used ring cushions much anymore - but I'm probably just thinking that because I haven't been to any weddings where there was a page boy!

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

No instead we have a lovely engraved double ring box for the best man to keep them in Smiley smile

• Tanya77
    Beginner August 2011
    Tanya77 ·
    • Hide content

I really don't like them.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I had a ring bearer

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

Another tradition I assumed was American... I have not even considered one and don't like the look of them. My PBs are 5 and 3 and I think I prefer the idea of my OHs BM keeping hold of them!! But like everything else, if you want one, go for it ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics