Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JORSD
Beginner June 2016

Ring Re-Size Problems

JORSD, 12 January, 2013 at 15:44 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone on here got their engagement or wedding rings re-sized and had any problems. I got engaged in November and my ring fitted me ok, but would of liked it more snug. My OH got the ring size from another ring I had which seemed an OK fit but had lost a bit of weight since. We went and got it resized down a half size on the advise of the jewellers I really wanted to go down a full size as didn't want my ring to move about when on my finger. when I got it back I couldn't notice a difference with the size and now they are telling me they would advise against getting it re-sized again due the the design of the ring. What would happen to the ring if I had to get it re-sized again. I have been forced to purchase ring snuggies. Any one expereinced any other similar issues or any handy tips in how to make the ring fit a bit better?

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by Bluebell25, 13 January, 2013 at 08:39
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

What is your ring like? I'm sure I've read somewhere if it has more than one stone then it could loosen them or something!

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

If you've only had the ring through winter so far I would wait and see how if fits in the summer. The general temperature seems to make a massive difference to how mine fits. When we on honeymoon over December it was a real struggle to get both of them on and off and I was starting to worry I was getting fat fingers! But now I'm back home in winter again they have gone back to feeling a little big if anything.

What that does mean is they will probably only ever feel the right size in Autumn and Sping!

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

Would definitely agree with the other comments about it fitting differently throughout the year - sometimes in the year my ring spins around all the time so it seems too loose but then for example in summer if I wake up in the morning (wearing it in bed overnight) it is very very snug and take a good pull to come off! It all depends on the temperature so I would def wait until you've worn it in summer (if you havent already).

Sorry I can't really help but I have had my wedding band resized (we bought them at a massively good bargain in USA and they only came in one size and you had to resize them) and it went down by a size and half and fits well... it was a half eternity ring and obv was no problems re-sizing that but not sure about solitaire etc..

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's often quite difficult to resize rings with stones/intricate settings, so I agree with the others. A lady I know chose a lovely wedding ring before she lost weight, then found it didn't fit and couldn't be resized at all. She has bought a v cheap smaller ring from Argos to hold it on, you might want to try that? Although it might detract from your engagement ring.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics