Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2013

Rings - what's your engaement ring like and what wedding ring are you having?!

MrsB-to-be, 19 of January of 2013 at 17:33 Posted on Planning 0 28

Went wedding ring shopping today and was certain I was just going to have a plain 2mm platinum band... My ring looks roughly like this... Platinum, 13 diamonds:

So today I tried a 'bow tie' wedding ring on with diamonds, and loved it. Jeweler also mentioned a 'bow tie' shape in plain Platinum. So now I'm all confused...

What are you opinions on these to go with my ring? Aaaaand any excuse to flash your eng/wedding rings!!! xx

Plain platinum bow tie (but in a 2 or 3 mm width):

Diamond one:

28 replies

Latest activity by Luna, 29 of February of 2024 at 13:01
  • Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I was looking at bands today, first time. The chap in the shop was insistent the small twist (exactly as you've flashed) would be perfect with my very raised, chunky ring, but Bloke and I both really like the basic, 3mm simple band. It's nice because it's clear it's a wedding band and it does try to compete with the engagement ring. I like the contrast between plain and sparkly, and that he and I will have rings very similar. So I vote for the simple band Smiley smile

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have an almost identical E ring to yours. I got a platinum straight wedding band with a line of small diamonds running around the band in the middle. I loved the shape you are looking at too. I changed my mind because I wasn't sure how they looked without my ER and I am not sure if I will always wear my ER in the future. I got v small diamonds in wedding band as worried that it looked too blingy with ring otherwise and IMO slightly tacky as my ring is a sparkler. However, the diamonds in the wedding band you are looking at are also subtler.

However, these rings are gorgeous and are confusing my decision hehe! So I think whatever you decide you cant go wrong!

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

My ER is similar to this
    http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/8964866/14ct+white+gold+1%2f4+carat+diamond+solitaire+ring/

and I like this for my WR
    http://www.smoochrings.co.uk/rings/view/296/

I've got to have a plain band for work but it can be patterned. They just mean nothing that can fall out of it ie diamonds

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I have a diamond and sapphire platinum ER and a plain palladium WR. The diamond wedding rings looked a bit too much with my ER.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Oooh lovely flashy threads.

This is my ER on the flower

and the wedding ring on the one below, not the ER ring.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

My ER is a solitaire diamond, would have gone with a diamond band but didn't want anything too blingy so went for a plain 3mm. Here's them both together.

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

My ER is my avatar, have gone for quite a deep v-shaped wedding ring with diamonds set in it. Something sort of like this

http://www.outofpawn.com/system/attachments/46452/large/02.jpg?1348804127

I wanted a simple thin band but it didn't sit at all right with my ER, and I didn't like the look of the shaped ones with similar style ERs. It's an unusual combo, but as soon as I tried it on I knew it was my WR and bought it on the spot- luckily it was my size too!

• A
    Anastasia ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I have never heard it called a bow tie ring before, it is mobius twist, if you google that then you will find loads of examples of them on their own and with an engagement ring. I have a shaped wedding ring and shaped eternity ring and I like them on their own as well as with my engagement ring but I always wear my e-ring so not been a problem.

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

this is my ER with my future WR i love sparkle!!

and this will be H2B WR

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

And i personaaly like the second WR with the diamonds i think that is lovely!

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    MrsB-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the delayed reply... got a bit sidetracked this eve!!

The second one isn't the exact ring I was looking at, but is v similar. Kicking myself for not taking a pic of it now!!

I do like the diamonds though... but I always said I'd go for a traditional plain band... so confused. To make matters more complicated the jewlers have a fab sale on (20% off everything!) until next Saturday, so I need to make my mind up!!

Lovely ER and WR combinations ladies! I love all the different styles Smiley smile x

• Rhoslyn
    Beginner July 2013
    Rhoslyn ·
    • Hide content

Hi some really beautiful designs on here- lovely to see some really unique engagement and wedding rings:

Mine is:

Can't decide whether to have one which is shaped to fit or a U shaped:

or
    opinions gratefully received.

R xx

• erinm
    Beginner August 2013
    erinm ·
    • Hide content

I think they're both lovely and would look great with ur ER. I'd suggest to go back and keep trying, how long have u got till u need it? U can always wait a few weeks/months & see how u feel, don't rush ur decision just in case u change ur mind. I'm getting married in August and brought my ring from Goldsmiths in about Oct I think & they give you 6months to change it just in case u change ur mind. I thought I'd have plain platinum with my ER because ER has large diamond and some on shoulders like yours so I wouldn't want more bling but I wasn't actually keen on plain in the end cos I have bony fingers & rings sort of sit diagonal on my fingers! Thought i might have needed a wishbone to fit next to it but I didn't really want a wishbone (even tho shops kept recommending them), I literally went to several jewellers and tried on loads of rings over and over lol, I'm sure shop assistants hated me but I had to be 100% sure

have shown pics of what I've gone for, as u might need a slight twist (like me) tried Goldsmiths maybe? xx

• erinm
    Beginner August 2013
    erinm ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the first one on left, think it'd fit lovely next to ur ER x

• sophkitten
    Beginner May 2015
    sophkitten ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring

My wedding ring

I love sparkle Smiley smile

• Rhoslyn
    Beginner July 2013
    Rhoslyn ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Erinm-I'm leaning that way too! My concern is that the shape is the wrong way round. It's from the same shop and all their engagement rings twist clockwise on the left and wedding rings seem to twist anticlockwise on the right. (Does that make sense?) I'm hoping it's a glitch with the pictures on the website and they fit in the shop!

R xxx

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

My ER with WR made to match the band

Removed

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was just thinking this!

Hopefully you can choose which way round, surely its feasible that both would be as popular!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring. The shoulders are engraved so I'm getting a wedding band engraved to match it.

• erinm
    Beginner August 2013
    erinm ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah that is strange and a bit annoying, yeah go and have a try and if not check out some other stores xx let us know how u get on?

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bridejuly2013 ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring is very similar to yours and I was also sure I wanted a plain wedding ring but changed my mind when I saw how well the diamonds complemented each other (much to the dislike of my bank balance!):

Engagement ring:

I think both will look lovely, go with your heart though as after all it is your wedding ring!

• erinm
    Beginner August 2013
    erinm ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ur wedding ring is same as mine :-) beautiful aren't they and the ER diamond fits perfect into the dip, my ER is set like yours so can be hard to find a ring to sit next to it. I got the plat one, was it from Goldsmiths? X

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bridejuly2013 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from smooch, it is due to arrive in the next 2 weeks and I can't wait to see it for real again, fell in love with it when I tried it on with my engagement ring! We have good taste ?

• RedKitchie
    Beginner August 2013
    RedKitchie ·
    • Hide content

I am also wondering what to do. When I got my ring, we chose the solitaire with the plan to have diamonds on the WR. Then I got worried about cost and thought I'd get a plain band. Now I am back to wanting diamonds and have decided to get the band in palladium rather than platinum, which is what my ER ring is.

So my ER ring is this:

I have been looking at bands with princess cut diamonds spaced out, about 5 of them, like this.

To get a ring like this I am going to have to get it on the internet as it isn't really sold in E&J etc. I hadn't thought of the shaped rings as my ER is very blocky/straight lines so I hadn't thought the wavy shapes would work. They do look interesting and a bit different which I like.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about eternity rings???? If you'd like one if those at some point then I would say stick to a plain WR with no diamonds. If you don't want an Eternity ring then go with the diamonds. That's my thoughts for what it's worth.

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    MrsB-to-be ·
    • Hide content

The Diamond one wasn;t how i remembered it....

Opinions?!

Now not sure whether I prefer the most twisty one in my original post

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Personally I prefer the first one but then I'm biased as I think this might work with my ER which I'm have trouble finding a wedding ring to fit with .

Where is it from and do you know if they do it in yellow gold ??

L x

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Claire 0206 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

these are my rings. My engagement ring is a twist design but I wanted to have the choice of wearing my wedding ring alone and like the look of a straight band. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics