Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

chocolategirl
Beginner August 2013

Roald Dahl reading

chocolategirl, 1 of June of 2013 at 20:37 Posted on Planning 0 4

I really want to have a children's book quoted but can't find one. (The ones suggested are usually the dinosaur one, The Little Prince, Winnie the Pooh or the Velveteen Rabbit). Surely there must be other books that could be used - I just don't know what. I'd love Roald Dahl but can't find anything suitable. Any ideas?

4 replies

Latest activity by S108HAN, 2 of June of 2013 at 18:58
  • loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

What was your favourite story as a child? could you adapt that in any way?

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

From The Irrational Season by Madeleine L'Engle

But ultimately there comes a moment when a decision must be made. Ultimately two people who love each other must ask themselves how much they hope for as their love grows and deepens, and how much risk theyare willing to take…It is indeed a fearfulgamble…Because it is the nature of love to create, a marriage itself is something which has to be created,so that, together we become a new creature.To marry is the biggest risk in human relations that a person can take…If we commit ourselves to one person for life this is not, as many people think, a rejection of freedom; rather it demands the courage to move into all the risks of freedom, and the risk of love which is permanent; into that love which is not possession, but participation…It takes a lifetime to learn another person…When love is not possession, but participation, then it is part of that co-creation which is our human calling, and which implies such risk that it is often rejected.---

Read more: https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/secular-readings-especially-from-childrens-books/

Have pinched this but worth looking at the link

• Lommel
    Beginner August 2014
    Lommel ·
    • Hide content

Is this excerpt any good?

“I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be”

• chocolategirl
    Beginner August 2013
    chocolategirl ·
    • Hide content

2 great idea here, thank you! I was starting to lose hope I'd find any readings I liked.

I really liked Roald Dahl when I was younger and also Beatrix Potter ?

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Oh The Things You'll See by Dr. Seuss seems to be popular.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics