Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

shoegal01
Beginner October 2010

Roast for wedding breakfast?

shoegal01, 1 March, 2010 at 09:59 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi ladies,

we are getting married on a Sunday and we are going to meet the chef at our venue next week to discuss menu ideas.

With it being a Sunday we are getting married we were thinking of having a Sunday Roast for main course but now i am thinking that is a bit predictable and boring.

What do you think?

Also what meat would you prefer as your roast?

13 replies

Latest activity by fairyknicks, 1 March, 2010 at 22:20
  • Mrs Tonner 2010
    Beginner June 2010
    Mrs Tonner 2010 ·
    • Hide content

Everyone loves a good roast Smiley smile

Could always trade it up a bit and have lamb?

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

No problem with that, like Mrs T say's you can always 'spice it up'!

We are having Roast Rack of Lamb ( Roasted vegetable En Croute for veggie option) for our main x

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Ummm lovely!! Nothing wrong with that at all!

We will probably have beef wellington (my fav) which will prob come with pots and veg anyway, therefore can be classed as a roast??

Hungry now...............................

?

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

I didn't realise you were a Sunday bride as well!

I think a roast done well is never boring ? Personally my fave meat is lamb so that's where my vote would be.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Like everyone else on here (judging by the menu thread) we are having lamb. I'm not sure about a full-on roast tbh - purely because it's a bit "every sunday"? I don't know - I guess it would depend on starters/dessert/garnishes etc. Just seen Lorna's having roast rack - that might be an option as that IS different from what other people would have on a Sunday.

The other thing I'd just be a bit concerned about is a stodgy roast when it might still be quite hot.

Sorry if this sounds brutal, I just thought you were the type who'd prefer an honest opinion!

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Brutal is fine by me! Smiley smile

Yes i was a bit worried about it being stodgy.......its difficult because you just dont know if October is going to be freezing cold and stodge would be welcomed nicely or boiling hot and the last thing anyone will want is a full on roast!

Like the sound of rack of lamb but OH hates lamb so thats out i guess - need to have something the boy likes!

I think if i go for a roast we will have a light starter and a light pudding.

Also my dress will be very very tight so i dont want to bloat out and have to loosen it! and i love my food!

mmmm decisions decisions.

Yes stazzler i am a Sunday girl!

x

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Will it be a traditional roast dinner? Reason being is you could always have something like Roast Loin of pork with potato gratin or something like that?

Roast can be a bit samey but depending on time of year it can be real comfort food

xxx

• B
    Beginner April 2010
    Baz183 ·
    • Hide content

We're having roast beef (and a very traditional starter and dessert). After much 'discussion' we decided it would be the thing most likely to please everyone (she says hopefully). Having said that, when I read what others are having I start to wish we'd gone for something different as it all sounds amazing.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

We're going for the same as baz, staying quite traditional as both of our families are quite fussy eaters and we reckon that this'll please everyone!

x

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I have been to weddings with roass before. Everyone loves a roast. Has to be beef for me

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

We're also going for a roast, our venue gave us an option of prk, lamb, beef, turkey or a chicken in sauce dish.

Personally my first choice would have been pork - second choice lamb - however after a lot of discussion with close family we've decided to go with the turkey as practically everyonei know loves it.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Nowt wrong with a roast dinner.

And to be honest, changing it to rack of lamb or something similar is just "poshing" up a roast - it's still meat and 2 veg at the end of the day ?

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

I say there is nothing wrong with a roast especially once you hit autum.

Personally we will be having eiether roast beef and yorkshires or beef casserole with dumplings

after sitting in a church for just over an hour then driving to the reception we think the guest will want something warming.

How is the planning going?

• F
    Beginner December 2012
    fairyknicks ·
    • Hide content

Roast sounds damn good to me!! And its gotta be beef all the way!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics