Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2020

Role for 10yr old niece..

RomanticGoldDiamonds21947, 11 of January of 2020 at 01:55 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi ladies, I'm in need of your inspiration please..

It's mine and my fiance's second weddings so we're having a simple ceremony in our local town hall and only having our son (7) and my stepdaughter (17) walk me down the aisle.

But my 10yr old niece (my twin sister's youngest of 3) has gone wedding crazy! She's normally a trainers/sportswear kind of girl but has been googling dresses (floor length!) heels and hair styles in preparation for my wedding in July so I would love her to be involved on the day but can't think of a role that she could play that would not offend any of my fiance's family as they too have 6 children between them though 4 are over 14 and the 2 youngest are 7 and 2.

I know my mum (and my sister) would love her to be a BM but my other half is adamant that it is just our 2 children (sealing our family unit) so I don't feel that I can demand that she is involved in that way but there must be something else that she can do on the day instead...

Thank you x

3 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePurpleBridesmaid56131, 20 of February of 2020 at 07:03
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Handing out orders of service at the door? Collecting any cards and putting them in a designated place? Helping with setup?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Handing out confetti after the ceremony perhaps. Or have her the dedicated person that you will hand your flowers to when you are at the desk where the ceremony will take place, speak to the registrar and maybe they can even say just before the ceremony "would name like to take the brides flowers" - make a thing of it for her. Later take time for a special photo of the two of you and her, maybe out of the full view of everyone else.

Its difficult to think of any roll that wont have a risk of upsetting the others.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Could she do a reading, a poem or sing a wee song?

• E
    ExpensivePurpleBridesmaid56131 ·
    • Hide content

Good luck

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics