Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Roll Up, Roll Up. Clurr and Trickers Fat Fighters is Back!

20 June, 2011 at 19:39

Posted on Planning 90

Sorry ladies, i have been a bit rubbish with this of late. So, after getting a kick up the backside in the form of a rude comment from someone at work kindly pointing out that 'you are large Claire, would you like to lose weight one day?' yesterday, I am putting everything I have into losing some...

Sorry ladies, i have been a bit rubbish with this of late.

So, after getting a kick up the backside in the form of a rude comment from someone at work kindly pointing out that 'you are large Claire, would you like to lose weight one day?' yesterday, I am putting everything I have into losing some more as I only have 9 weeks and 6 days to go..... I am not counting, honest!

How is everyone getting on?

Tricks, have you kept up with SW after your hol or are you sticking at your amazing 2 stone loss?

Flow, how are you getting on?

Ermm, everyone else??

90 replies

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    Spells2B ·
    • Hide content

Can I join??

I've lost 5 stone 1.5lb since August last year. Still have a long way to go!!

It's so hard to keep motivated. Now have a problem that i've never had before, my wedding dress is way too big and can;t find anyon e to alter it.

Also, I need to get addicted to exercise, but can't!!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

The Du-can't diet didn't get that nickname for nothing Spangler! Bloody awful! Don't bother.

SW is carb whore friendly, so just about perfect in my book. Just need to get back to it now, but Spangler left me with lots of delicious cake at the weekend!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok, will just stick to SW/ Office Supplies diet. As for the cupcakes - they have courgettes in which are part of your five a day. FACT.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is what I told Mr RB last night when I shoved another one down my cake hole!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

...and walnuts are good for you too. Just ignore all the sugar.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I try to follow the Low GI diet principles and find them easy to adapt meals to.

At the weekends I make healthy choices like having Diet Coke in my Jack Daniels!.....

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I have lost half a stone, but i fluctuate so much that sometimes i doesnt feel like it.

Plus, weekends do me in! I'm good all week then the weekend rolls round and I'm a pig again!

Gym tomorrow, thurs and sat n sunday - then on 27th I have my next session with the trainer at the gym to see what i've done, if my body fat has changed etc. I really wana lose another half a stone...should be easy but its NOT!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Clurr don't beat yourself up - YOU'VE LOST A HUGE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT. End of shouting (provided you're not silly again).

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Well done all those who've lost weight - there are some huge amounts out there!

Spangles - Dukan makes you smell. Actual FACT. Don't do it.

SW is ace, I know so many people who've lost weight on it. I lost some pre wedding and have now been told to put it back on. Chuck us some cake! One thing I will say though, it's a great principle in terms of the things you eat. It encourages you to eat healthily but without missing out on things (just moderating). Carbs, chocolate and booze are allowed.

It was the kick up the bum we needed to get our usual diet of good food back on track.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

I smell anyway. Think I will get back on it with SW. Was doing well but fell off the wagon last week. Must.try.harder.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Week 2 weight day today and down 2 pounds! aiming for 3 this week as have no meals out etc to tempt me!!

anyone else with weds weigh day?

• P
    Beginner December 2011
    Pamphers ·
    • Hide content

I was supposed to weigh today for my strating weight and forgot! Ha! I will do it tomorrow and can then report next week!x

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I weighed in this morning and have lost another 1lb, so 10.5lbs in total now!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

well done mr and mrs clurr!!!! i have given blood today and hoping for a 1lbs loss tonight cos of it as have had a bit of a nit picky week.STILL not put on tho, cmonnnnnnnn!! id liek to lose 2lb to take to me a round weigh not x stone something but wel see!!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

1lb off!!! thank goodness, that was due to the fact i gave blood im sure as had a naughty week!!

Soon be 2.5 stones!

My mum, who started at the same time as me, has lost 3 stone 12 pounds incredibly!!!!!!!!!! tho she had much more to lose, shes just powering through it!!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Jeebus that is amezzing weight loss! I am back on the FF wagon with gusto. You're inspiring me ladies!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

If you find yourself a few weeks from an event and you haven'y hit target, cut out carbs - it really does work...

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Moo - are you struggling with not having them or finding it OK?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Can I join please?! I've lost 1.5 stones with slimming world but it's taken me bloody ages due to the fact that I like to gorge myself like an ox. I want to lose another stone by the wedding - 9 months to go. Help me get back on the bandwagon as I've just eaten 10 Cadbury Chocolate Fingers.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok now. It's probably easier as another online friend of mine (non hitched related) is doing it as well so we talk about it together on MSN during the day.

I still have fruit and veg, but I've cut out pasta, bread, potatoes and rice...

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Jeebus you are a better woman than me! I did Lighter Life a few years ago, lost a stone in a week but had very vivid dreams about jacket potatoes. I think I could do without carbs for a week, but any more than that would be vay hard!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

is defo not a long term option, as moobum said cutting out for a special event is fine, but as soon as you go back to eating them your body will be like WOAH and voila, weight goes back on!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I find the longer you do it, the easier it is and the weight loss is very encouraging as well. Plus the fact that near enough all your bloating goes.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Plus, you'd probably get a bit blocked up IYSWIM?! You may have to pop some laxatives in your tea, Moo.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Just seen your reply. I'd prolly have to stick at it for a while to make any difference. Even after I lost 2.5 stone on WW I couldn't see any difference at all. I'm clearly fat inside & out. (According to the LL counsellor this was the case, anyway).

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am happy to confirm that I am pooing as normal...

• P
    Beginner December 2011
    Pamphers ·
    • Hide content

Weighed mysell this morning and have lost 1/2 stone since I last weighed about 4 weeks ago! Very pleased as although I have been dieting been too scared to get on the scales!!!! Would like to lose another 1/2 stone before the wedding in Dec so will keep on with weekly weigh in and try and exercise every day! Thanks all for your inspiring stories xx

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

I'm finding it really hard to measure what I'm losing, i am changing almost daily up and down within a 6lb range, I know i'm not supposed to weigh myself everyday but I cant help it! I def think I've lost some overall, but since upping the exercise level to almost daily trips i think its hard to tell by weight due to muscle gain. I was lucky I didn't have much to loose, and I am trying to get to the loset weight I can ever remember being since I started paying any attention to my weight- which must have been 10 years ago.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Clairelou - I think you'll be better off just picking a day to weigh yourself and stick to it, that's the only way you'll get an accurate reflection of the weight you've lost. I'm sorry to say that unless you've been doing a lot of exercise (and particularly weights) you're unlikely to have put on much weight in muscle, nice try though ?

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

Haha, i have been doing some big sessions down the gym, last September I did the Great North Run and as a result of lots of training! So only had a small break from the training so think I will put it back on quickly as being going for 4 mile runs again with additional cardio and every other session in the gym has been just weights. I also teach dance all day, and have been doing lots more practical work now exams are over and leading up to end of year show. I know when I did the half marathon I put on half a stone and was the heaviest I have ever been!

I must be more disciplined and leave the scales alone! on the plus side I have only been updating ticker on a Friday so have been watching it not too bad! I must get the tape measure out and compare stats from a few months ago

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

That definitely makes more sense regarding the muscle!

It can get pretty addictive, weighing yourself every day. Weighing yourself before and after a wee, anyone?!

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

now that would just be silly.....

much more impact after a number 2! haha

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics