Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner May 2013

Ronald Joyce Lola - what petticoat/hoop? Would a Jupon 185 be too big?

ANJELICANJ, 8 June, 2012 at 22:59 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi girls

I hope you can help me! Ive got the Ronald Joyce Lola dress and want it to be as big as possible - has anyone tried this dress with a Jupon 185 petticoat or similar?

Or what petticoat did you wear with it?

Help will be much appreciated :-)

Andrea

3 replies

Latest activity by ANJELICANJ, 22 October, 2012 at 14:21
  • S
    Beginner August 2013
    Spanishbride2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi, just wondering what hoop you decided on with this and also what veil? I´ve got the same problem as you purchased my dress from a lady brand new but not sure what veil/hoop to get. xx

• A
    Beginner May 2013
    ANJELICANJ ·
    • Hide content

Hi :-) Well i bought a 3 hoop / 2 layer petticoat first, tried it but it wasnt big enough for me! So I went for the Jupon 185 and it looks fantastic. The only downside is - I am only 5 foot 3 and the dress hasnt been altered, with the Jupon 185 it takes the dress out so wide that obviusly you loose height so i now have to wear completly flat shoes otherwise the dress would be too short. I figured tho nobody is going to see the shoes anyway theres so much dress lol. How tall are you? If you are 5'3 or less I would say go for the JUpon if you want it big! But if you are taller than that it will make your dress too short.

Re Veils - in the end i bought two, a 130 inch cathedral one for the day, and a waist length one for the night. I went to a local shop where they stock the dress and tried the dress on with veils. The cathdral length one is stunning and the exact colour of the dress (mines the ivory one) with little crystals on that also match the crystals onthe dress perfectly, im so happy with it. Depending when you are getting married I will be selling it afterwards if yoiu may be intersted?! I get married 5th May.

Andrea x

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    Spanishbride2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i get married in august, so let me know if you sell it afterwards. do you know the exact name of your veil the waist length one with crystals on? My dress is the ivory one too.

xx

• A
    Beginner May 2013
    ANJELICANJ ·
    • Hide content

Hi, my waist one I think was Elizabeth Dickens called malibu or maribou? I tried on so many i cant remeber but it was the one with all the crystals round the edges. Abd the 130 inch one was made by Zante but i cant remember the model . I tried on loads (over 50 i reckon lol) and these two matched the ivory colour and the sparkles perfectly :-) . I will defintely be selling both as i wont wear them again for anything and would like to try and recoup some cash so by all means send me your email addy and i can contact you after the wedding to see if you are intersted :-) **************@*******.**.** x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics