Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner November 2024 Gloucestershire

Room allocation

Chloe, 1 of April of 2024 at 17:47 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
We have our venue which has rooms which we have to allocate but they will pay for. I need some help with a couple of things.
1)
We can pre-allocated who we want to stay on site, but how would we notify them they have a pre-allocated room? 2) I was going to put a notice on the invitation about these rooms but don’t want to upset set anyone that hasn’t got a pre-allocated room and thought they maybe would.
Its so hard trying not to hurt anybody’s feelings. Also very tiring trying to think about every scenario!
Any advice would be most helpfulX

2 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 15 of April of 2024 at 09:59
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I'm assuming you don't have a huge number of pre-allocated rooms, so I would contact those people directly, telling them that there is a room available for them at x cost and how to confirm/pay for it. I'd also suggest giving them a deadline they need to book by just in case some of them don't want a room, so that on a set date, any 'unclaimed' rooms become available for the rest of your guests.

As for the rest, I would suggest putting a note on the invite to say that there are a limited number of rooms available to book at your venue on a first-come-first-served basis and giving the contact details of the venue for people to make bookings. If they know there are only a limited number of rooms, no one should be offended if they miss out because other guests got there first.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    We provisionally allocated rooms, then asked the people, see if they were willing to pay first or if they really needed it. We worked through the list that way. We typically put priority of older family members and bridal party first.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics