Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

thefuturemrsclarke
Beginner July 2010

roses vs gerbera.

thefuturemrsclarke, 11 April, 2010 at 09:48 Posted on Planning 0 8

I was originally going to have roses. for bouquets buttonhole and centrepieces. recently iv been thinking about swapping roses for gerbera. my question is, if i do this is it likley to change the price of my quote? i cant really afford to spend anymore in this area so if my quote is likely to go up by swapping them then i wont be able to.

i dont know if roses are more expensive to gerbera or vice versa anybody got any clue? iv emailed my florist but have an email back saying shes on holiday until next weekend but to contact her mobile if urgent. but i dont consider this urgent so will wait til next weekend x

8 replies

Latest activity by HorseFan, 11 April, 2010 at 17:12
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It wiil change your quote as Gerberas are far cheaper than roses.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thats good. if it goes down thats brilliant, its just if it goes up then il have stick to the roses. x

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

What month are you getting married? I think that would affect which one I chose. The gerbera is really summery. Guess it does depend on your budget at the end of the day though.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

If anything, your quote should go down as gerbera are significantly cheaper than roses.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married in july, so im assuming that they are both in season? im not very good with flowers. x

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

They're both in season in various varieties all year; what colour are you going for?

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Hi by george. im hoping to get hot pink in my bouquet and then baby pink for the bms. the table decs im hoping for a mixture of both colours x

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

I love gerberas, i think they are so pretty, they look lovely mixed with roses.....

• HorseFan
    Beginner September 2010
    HorseFan ·
    • Hide content

Gerberas are my favourite, so i think you should go for them :-) And as everyone else already said, they are cheaper than roses.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics