Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2013

rothley court marquee??

Catladkinsoontobesymmonds, 15 of August of 2012 at 14:05 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi i was wondering if any one out there has had their wedding or been to a wedding at rothley court hotel leicestershire that has used the marquee. i am getting married there next year and bit worried as the wilberforce room used for evening reception is very small, this will be fine if the weather is nice because people will spill into the gardens but if not the room wont hold our guests, therefore me and the h2b have been looking at using the marquee attachment, the only problem is the venue has no pictures to show us and id love to see or hear what people think before we commit to this.

thanks so much

Cat

2 replies

Latest activity by BlossomJ, 4 of September of 2012 at 14:16
  • L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content

I have been to two weddings at Rothley Court but neither used the marquee, i'm afraid. The wilberforce room comfortable held 60 day guests for the wedding breakfast and a further 50 in the evening but I'd say any more than that and really would have been too small.

Having said that, a lot of guests milled around in the bar area aswell throughout the day at one wedding where the weather wasn't good, and the other weding where the weather was stunning they moved round the main room, the bar and outside so felt nice and roomy.

Do they propose attaching the marquee to the side of the Wilberforce room, or setting it on the lawn, unattached to the building? You could pop along and ask for a sketch?!

It's a really lovely hotel ?

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Hiya ,

I dressed a wedding there last week! its beautiful but they didnt use a marquee sorry Smiley sad but if you need any venue decor help then let me know Smiley laugh x

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for late reply, but I am getting married there too and when we visited there was a marquee set up - it basically fills the patio area. The only problem was it covered a lot of the hotel up so for photos it wouldn't look as nice. I'm planning on not having it and relying on the fact there is the bar area too if it does rain. We are only having around 70 guests though, so not sure if you are planning on having a lot more?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics