Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner July 2016

Rotisserie Chicken

Tink1810, 29 of March of 2015 at 13:34 Posted on Planning 0 5

Help!!

We want a feast for our wedding... no fancy three course thingamajig, just a good old fashioned feast - each table will have one or two whole chickens and then other dishes as well - salads, veggie option, jacket potatoes etc. The problem is, I don't even know where to start... We can't do it ourselves, because we need someone to make sure the hot dishes are hot and to clear the plates etc, so would we get a caterer for this?

I've never hired a caterer before and they all seem to do their own menus. What do we do if we know exactly what we want already?

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsShep, 29 of March of 2015 at 15:02
  • Samiire
    Beginner May 2015
    Samiire ·
    • Hide content

No advice sorry, but just wanted to comment to say that sounds delicious!!!

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

I love that idea! All the caterers I spoke to would basically accommodate what we wanted even though they had their own suggested menus.

Our plan had been for a posh indoor picnic and we had quite specific ideas of what we wanted the baskets to include. Ultimately we changed venue and didn't need a caterer. If I were you I'd talk to each of the caterers you are considering and see what they can offer. I'd be surprised if they insist that all they can do is what their menu states.

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

My friend had exactly this for her wedding and it was fantastic. It was well over 10 years ago so whether her caterer is still going I wouldn't know. I'll see if she can remember who it was.

• T
    Beginner July 2016
    Tink1810 ·
    • Hide content

We just got back from travelling and our most memorable experience was the feast we had at Hobbiton - the film set for the Hobbit films. we're trying to recreate that feeling/experience so any advice will be very welcomed!!!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I know a caterer who may be able to do this. They run a pub and a hog roast company. https://www.facebook.com/hogroast.yorkshire

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest contacting hog roast companies, they might be able to do that easier

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics