Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kooks
Beginner September 2011

Round tables - are you making the 'top' table stand out?

Kooks, 16 August, 2011 at 13:26 Posted on Planning 0 11

We're having 5 round tables and no top table as such. Are you making your table stand out or decorating it the same as the others?

11 replies

Latest activity by jules40, 16 August, 2011 at 21:36
  • Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we are decorating ours all the same but out "top" table is in the middle with 6 other identical tables all around. Its pretty obv which our top one is.

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

Were havin all round tables (12) and ours will stand out cos i'll be sat at it Smiley smile

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

We are decorating them all the same .... I figure that the top table will look different and special anyway 'cos it will have the birde and groom sat on it ?

• kittykat9/9
    Beginner October 2011
    kittykat9/9 ·
    • Hide content

Our round top table is a bit bigger than the rest and is in the middle of the bay window. Reckon that should be enough with me grinning like a loon on it

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - will keep ours the same then! As you say, the bride and groom will be a big give away!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

We've opted for a Sweetheart Table, but when we were having all round ones we were going to be in the middle, with no distinctiveness other than my mahoosive white dress!

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Same as the others , we are having 4 round tables and keeping them all the same

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS

I want our table in the middle and everyone elses around ours if possible. Should be absolutley possible if we have the reception on the lawns like planned. If it rains then the reception room is quite long so might not be able to have it in the middle. Might just have a different table centre. We're having candles in jam jars with petals so might put flowers on ours too.

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

I sometimes get asked to do something different with the top table. things we have done,

the most usual is the chair sashes are just bows on the other tables but we tie a flower or heart or use a diamante buckle on the top table ones, we have put a taller decoration on the top table(this looks really good if you are having a round table in the middle ), different colour favour boxes or as usually all the top table get presents we have put matching gift bags on the top table place settings

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I suppose we've got round tables for guests but the top table is a long square one, so in that way it will stand out Smiley smile

We're decorating the tables all the same but the top table will have a swag on the front, plus of course the bridal flowers.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

AJ you've just reminded i'll have a bouquet and can just pop THAT into a jam jar instead of specific table flowers <bit dim>

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

We put vases on the top table with a label saying brides or bridesmaids flowers, it gives you extra decorations and keeps the flowers fresh and undamaged

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics