Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KateyP
Beginner February 2010

Round top table?

KateyP, 23 of December of 2011 at 11:40 Posted on Planning 0 16

How many of you are having a round top table in the middle of the action, rather than a traditional long top table at end of room?

x

16 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 24 of December of 2011 at 11:55
  • Apples84
    Beginner August 2012
    Apples84 ·
    • Hide content

I think we might be doing this as having a small family wedding and don't want to feel too separate from everyone.

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

We are having a long (very long!) top table, but the room is quite long and narrow so it will be our top table looking over just 2 longer rows of round ones, so will probably be closer to more people than having a round one!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We had a round one right in the middle... much more sociable!!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

We're not, but both of Mr Knees' brothers did. One had all round tables and one had long tables for the guests and a round top table, which I thought was a bit odd, but they both worked well.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I had a round top table in the middle. It worked really well and stopped people feeling less popular as everyone was near the top table!

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

We had a round top table, and our tables were arranged in a (squashed) round too. We, personally, felt that no-one was stuck in the corner/at the back, out of sight and out of earshot of the speeches etc.

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

I think we're going to have a round top table as we both think it's more sociable for the people on the table. Plus we're having 9 on the top table and the way the long table is we would have a space on one end, which would look a bit odd.

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

We're doing it as apart from anything else, I want to enjoy the wedding breakfast and the company i'm sat with! The thought of trying to converse with people sat a far way down the table feels difficult, plus I hate the thought of eating on display!

How did you get on with speeches? Did you still stand at the table and just ensure that you did a few 360 turns/ ?

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

I think we're having a square table (much cheaper than round and can be just as smart) to one side, no 'top table'. So our choice of company, no horrible 'all eyes on us eating' feeling, but easy for speeches as still at the edge so no talking with back to people.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

We're having a round top table, but not entirely sure where we're having it. I think we'll have a word with the venue and see what they say

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

I will have a round one - don't like the idea of looking out over everyone, and think it will be easier for me to move around which I love to do at weddings so will be even more when it is my own!!

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

We had a round top table right in the middle. i think it worked really well- felt like we were right in the middle of the action and everyone was equal distance from the top table.

With the speeches, the men speaking just moved to one side (on to the dance floor) and faced everyone- they had to move anyway because of the microphone.

I'd highly recommend it x

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    Lolswoo ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow! Thank you - what a good idea!

Our reception venue is my local sports club and the rooms is a bit of a weird shape, and the tables are quite small. This, combined with the fact my dad died 5 years ago, and my mum will be on my own has been causing me a few headaches as to what to do regarding 'top tables' - I think you may have helped me to find a solution!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Ours was also a round table in middle- and worked out fab- and speeches the men just stood up-much more comfortable and we could talk with everyone around the table instead of just those next to you Smiley smile

• C
    coniefoxdress ·
    • Hide content

I had a round top table in the middle,and the round table is so near for each other ...

prom dresses

formal gown

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We did, and we just had our closest friends rather than family as both our parents are divorced

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics