Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bls14
Beginner September 2011

Round top table - how to make it more special/stand out?

bls14, 4 April, 2011 at 14:51 Posted on Planning 0 9

We are having a round top table - same as all other tables.... no idea how i can make it more special, or obvious it is the top table??!

We are having a marquee reception so our table will be kinda at the top with all others going out from but any thoughts on decoration etc?

Our theme is vintage tea party/fresh lavender centrepieces xx

9 replies

Latest activity by Tanya77, 5 April, 2011 at 18:01
  • S
    Beginner November 2011
    shelsmyth ·
    • Hide content

We are also having a round top table and to make ours separate from the others our florist is making heart shapes out of willow with a couple of roses attached at the top which will be hanging from the back of each ladies chair sash (sorry, i am rubbish at describing these but they look gorgeous!)

• T
    Beginner August 2011
    tressls ·
    • Hide content

I cant be of any help but am wondering the same thing as our table will be the same as the rest (round) and actually I was wondering if we needed one at all!! Will keep an eye on this thread for ideas x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about having the top table on a round "stage" very low but just enough to be taller than the other tables so that you are looking out over your Guests?

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - i love the heart willow idea Shelsmyth!

we aren't having chair sashes but maybe we could do this for our table - i have seen those hearts on ebay i think!

ideas ideas!!!x

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

If I can figure out how to do it, we're (hopefully) having swags of ribbon around the table to distinguish it from the others. Failing that, blue table runners....!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

We are having a larger centre peice, and the table will be positioned infront of a fabulous fire place.

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

We are having a larger centrepiece and flowers on the back of the chairs.

xxx

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Our top table is round too, but we are having it like this to be the same as everyone else. So not having anything to make it stand out as the top table ..well apart from the fact that the Bride and Groom will be sat on it which may give it away a little ?

• Tanya77
    Beginner August 2011
    Tanya77 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with Stupidlamb. OH and I both decided that we wanted to be part of the group and not separate from all of our guests. Also, having a round table means that we can fit in 70 people for our meal instead of 60

?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics