Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner September 2012

Routemaster hire

OrdinaryGirl, 3 February, 2012 at 13:57 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of hiring a routemaster bus to take my guests from the ceremony to the reception venue and I've got quotes from 6 different companies ranging from £420 to £650. I can't see any real difference between the buses on offer and can't really find any reviews on the internet to know if any of the companies are better than others so I was wondering if anyone had used any of the following companies and whether they had a good/bad experience?

Omnibuzz

Vintage Bus Hire

Traditional Travel

Go-Coach

Red Route Buses

Thanks for your help.

5 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 3 February, 2012 at 23:28
  • DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

where abouts in the country are you?

There is a wellt hought of vintage bus company in South Yorkshire - but they may be no good for you!

• O
    Beginner September 2012
    OrdinaryGirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi DarkMoomin,

I'm in Kent/South East London, so sadly South Yorkshire will be too far away. Thanks for the tip though.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

We hired two Routemasters from Omnibuzz and they were fab - no problems at all! IIRC we paid just under £500 for each bus. Each one came with a driver and a conductor, and the board at the front said 'Wedding Special'. (You could pay an extra £50 to have your names there but we didn't bother.)

So yes, I'd recommend them. They were on time, well-dressed, polite etc.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would strongly recommend Timebus. http://www.timebus.co.uk/

Peter

• O
    Beginner September 2012
    OrdinaryGirl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks to you both. I've asked for a quote from Timebus and I'm glad to hear good things about Omnibuzz as I thought they looked good.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a possible alternative from a south London wedding I did last year, although will need to wait for an email reply to get contact details. The bus was good and didn't have a conducter, although was probably quite keenly priced....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics