Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

warlycarly
Beginner September 2012

Royal Blue Centerpieces

warlycarly, 17 of October of 2011 at 22:28 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hello, how is everyone this eve?

I am looking for ideas for centerpieces, our colour is royal blue, but i dont know where to start or what i am after really. Any ideas? x

13 replies

Latest activity by warlycarly, 20 of October of 2011 at 00:56
  • Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

Ooo, or how about some square vases filled with water with blue floating candles... there's some here

• J
    jhndavid ·
    • Hide content

Well if you are using cream colors, I wouldn't suggest using white for the decorations. Cream and White wont look good together. If you have the another choice,you can get suggestion from the well-wisher. Pick the wright one of combination for your wedding centerpiece. you have to keep in mind,that it should attract more number of guest.

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

I did blue for my engagement party but mine was an array of different blues which worked well

I made my centrepieces myself, I bought the vases from ASDA they were about £3 each

I used clear decorative stones for the bottom and then sprinkled blue table gems throughout, then I dip dyed some white gerberas so only some of the petals were blue , and then got smaller gerberas and dyed them totally blue and scattered them around the side

I think they turned out well Smiley smile

• kittykat9/9
    Beginner October 2011
    kittykat9/9 ·
    • Hide content

I had Royal Blue BM dresses and after struggling to find anything that was the same colour went for a complementary colour of silver and cream/ivory instead - so shoes, waistcoats and cravats etc for men all silver, flowers, buttonholes all cream/ivory roses. For our table centrepieces I loked at flowers but again depending on what time of year you're going for it is difficult to fin natural royal blue flowers - cornflowers were the best match or delphiniums but that was really it. We decided to go for hurricane lamps with cream candles that again complimented the blue. M&S had blue glass hurrican lamps as well as clear glass so we mixed and matched with half of each to give a colour accent to the table but not OTT blue and it looked really subtle - broke up the whiteness of the table but not in your face.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I'm like Kittykat... we're having Cobalt blue, but flowers are difficult to have this time of year. So we're going for roses in cream & white. We will have some balloons scattered around too as that's pretty much all you can get in blue!

• M
    Beginner April 2012
    marrygirls ·
    • Hide content

Between the annihilating fierceness of personal ambition and those who clutter its path, there is only one possible mediator, and that is love.

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone, i think i am going to add a bit of silver, i ike the vases with flowers. Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    Kez0709 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone, our colour scheme is also royal blue, ivory and silver and was thinking of ivory roses and blue hydrangeas for the centrepieces and bouquets.

Of this topic but I'm having trouble finding royal blue, reasonably priced bridesmaid dresses. Where did everyone get theirs from?

Thanks!

• kittykat9/9
    Beginner October 2011
    kittykat9/9 ·
    • Hide content

Debut in Debenhams for the very reasonable £70. Knee length halter neck dresses that suited all three BM's (but not a style I would have thought to try if I hadn't loved the colour). It was last January and I think they were probably Christmas party season wear as they sold out fairly soon after but it would be worth looking this year for their current style.

Everyone commented on the colour though - makes a change from pastel hues

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having royal blue as my main colour with orange as an accent colour - try debenhams, dorothy perkins, H&M or coast for high street blue dresses.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

The above is an example of the centre piece from one of our August Weddings. Their theme was also Royal Blue. As you can see the table dressings, favours etc followed the colour scheme with the centre pieces a more neutral shade.

With regard to Bridesmaid dresses, I believe the mother of the bride mentioned Coast/Monsoon for theirs. I will post pics if you'd like.

• K
    kmdesign@tesco.net ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Just a few of our table centrepieces using royal blue most of our design can be made using royal blue wooden roses.

www.k-m-design.co.uk lost more photos on our facebook page under table centrepieces.

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

I found these on ebay for 19.99 for 12.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics