Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

miss_winter14
Beginner February 2014

Royal Mail- BIG grumble! GRRRRR!!!!! >_

miss_winter14, 17 of December of 2013 at 11:41 Posted on Planning 0 11

So i met up with my best woman last night (we became close too late to order a BM dress, so best woman she became! haha we now have a female usher and a best woman- love our wedding party! lol) only to discover that she and her husband haven't received their invite yet........5 weeks after we posted it! so I do some digging and discover that another guest hasn't either. I know some people have as we've had some responses, but now i need to go through the remaining guests and check if they even got an invite without seeming like i'm a pushy bridezilla chasing non-responders!!!! >_< i didn't expect people to flock to respond at this hugely busy time of year so i really didn't want to have to do chasing like this until january when the numbers become vital, but now i've GOT to contact them, because if i leave it til january it'll just be rude and for some too late notice. how f'ing inconvenient!!!! not to mention the expense of the invites which have just f'ing vanished into thin air and the cost of the bleedin' postage!!!! to put it bluntly i am fuming! >_<

no need to respond really- i think i just needed to rant it out! so livid!!!

11 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 19 of December of 2013 at 19:15
  • ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

I share your frustration! We posted our invitations mid November & still some haven't been delivered!! I'm so pee'd off with RM, but I have another month or so to chase up the replies before the evening ones go out (holding off sending these in case we get chance to bump some evening guests to day guests) and possibly even have to make some more and resend for the people who haven't had anything!

Wedding planning is just on big stress after another - FACT!!

Hope you manage to get it all sorted & have all your guests there on your wedding day! xx

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Right back at you my lovely! I hope yours are all delivered soon too! it's bad enough this time of year when christmas cards aren't delivered and people think you're rude, but with wedding invites it's a whole different, maddening ball game!

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Aw that's so annoying! Two of our guests didn't either - my grandad (on my dad's side) and my uncle and auntie and cousins (on my dad's side)! So it looked a bit like I didn't want to invite my dad's side of the family haha. Really annoying as I only realised when they both mentioned to my dad that they hadn't received anything.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Man alive!!! if i wasn't peed off before!!!...... another cousin has messaged saying she did get her invite BUT that she had to pay extra postage on it. they're all the bleedin' same!!!!!!! >_< so how have some people's gone missing, some people got theirs no problem all with the same stamps and some people not got enough postage!!!???????!!! they're the same size and weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i were a cartoon, steam would be coming from my ears right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

Oh no. I'm going to check up on some of mine now after reading this. Bloody RM.

• LoveHimMegaMuch
    Beginner August 2014
    LoveHimMegaMuch ·
    • Hide content

I've heard of some people separating their invites and posting them using different post boxes in case this happens. They wrote a list of whose was in which bundle so if they heard that one hadn't arrived then they could get in touch with others from the same "bundle". I think after hearing that and also this post I'll be doing that too as it seems to happen all too often.

Hope you manage to get it all sorted xx

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I had a similar situation! my MOH didn't get hers. so i asked my mum and FMIL to ask if everyone received them!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do your invitations have any "sticky-out" bits like bows/beads/cut-outs that make them thicker than a normal "letter" should be? Sometimes some post offices are stricter than others and will insist on something being a "larger letter" if it's just a tiny bit too thick. Those sticky-out bits can also rip through the envelope in posting and then not be delivered because they're damaged.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Was just about to ask what Helenia asked. It must be very frustrating for you.

Did you take them to the post office to get them checked as to whether they were a normal or large letter? If so, and they said normal, that is rubbish.

The problem is that the sizes are officially decided at the destination office rather than the posting office - so the destination office have the power to decide it's a large letter and add a charge accordingly.

It is often the thickness rather than the size that causes it to become a large letter.

Really hope the rest have arrived ok.

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

snap!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Really sorry to hear about this. The wedding invite from my best friend got lost in the post and l am still gutted! ☹️ Don't suppose any of them live in the Chelmsford area? Some people at work were telling me their now ex-post man is being prosecuted for stealing post!

I am meant to be posting our wedding invites in the New Year so maybe l need some kind of posting strategy...

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WKS

They also often only randomly check weights/sizes, especially this time of year when the post office is working overtime.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics