Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

shoegal01
Beginner October 2010

RSVP Accept/Decline ratio??

shoegal01, 1 March, 2010 at 10:36 Posted on Planning 0 13

Those of you who have already sent out invites and have got back the RSVP's what has been the decline/accept ratio like?

Have many people declined?

What have been the reasons for which they cannot attend?

We have restricted numbers at our venue but alot of people to invite - i am thinking would it be safe to over invite in hope that at least 5% would decline or is that just silly?

13 replies

Latest activity by bethanw, 1 March, 2010 at 21:37
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Don't do it! It will only end in tears!

I think your best bet is to send out the first batch early. Once the RSVPs are back you know how many extra seats you have and then can send another round out, etc...

I invited about 78 people in total and had about 10 declines. Some holidays, no-babysitter (one half of the couple os coming, the wife is staying at home to look after the 3 kids).

• Mrs Tonner 2010
    Beginner June 2010
    Mrs Tonner 2010 ·
    • Hide content

Tbh I've gone over our people count by about 10 but we've already had 2 No's so i think we'll be OK. Won't have final numbers until April 18th (i hope)

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo i likey your idea about sending them in batches. I guess for every decline i would send out another invite! ha sounds so mean when i put it like that!

I am thinking not alot of people will be holidaying in October so there goes some declines there!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

For the ceremony we invited 95 and have got 82 attending. The evening guests - see my earlier post (lol)

the reasons I've had are unbelievable - too tired to come, not sure if I can make it so I'll just say "no" cos I dont' want to say yes then have to cancel - these are 2 of my best friends!!!!! Other reasons have been holidays and can't get time off work which is fine - I don't expect that everybody can make it, thats just what happens with these things.

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HOW RUUUUDDDEEEEE! Cull them!! Who needs friends like that!

I cant beleive some peoples attitudes!

How the hell do they know that they are going to be too tired in a few weeks time! IDIOTS!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Too tired to come?! To a wedding over a month away? WTF?!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is just ridiculous! It's not like you're inviting them for a random house party, it's your wedding ffs.

I'll be interested to see how many declines we get, as like you Shoegal, we have a lot of people to invite and are a bit limited on numbers at least in the ceremony room (our venue have said if we go over, guests can stand at the back of the room, but I'm really not liking this idea!)

May consider the sending out in batches idea too. Thanks for that one!

• B
    Beginner April 2010
    Baz183 ·
    • Hide content

We invited 68 for the ceremony and had 8 declines. Two were because they couldn't afford flights over (understandable as its Easter and one would be coming from Hong Kong, the other from Jersey). Three (same family) were because they couldn't get time off work and all fly over (from Thailand) - again understandable but unfortunate its OH's dad ☹️. The other was because they are having a knee replacement a week before.

The evening invites were a bit different. We got a few, 'well, I don't plan that far in advance so i'm not sure'. We had 16 declines out of 62 invites. A couple were for holidays, couple for birthday parties and one couldn't get time off work (he's in the Army).

I had planned to 'upgrade' evening people if I had declines from day people and was therefore intending on sending evening invites after the day ones. In the end we decided not to (due to finances).

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

My supposed best friend didn't make my engagement do....she had three offer for the same night, the other two were a birthday party and and a meal round at the inlaws, she chose the meal round at the inlaws...the reason "we don't have to buy any presents then" i wasn't even expecting a present i just wanted some friends over for to celebrate!!!!!!!!!! her OH is notorious for being tight ! i but hey ho at least she was honest and didn't come up with a lame excuse although i did tell her a dozen times that i didn't want pressies!!

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

school half term is always in October so if you have families or people with kids coming they might be planning on going away.......

Beginner July 2010
    *hoppit* ·
    • Hide content

We have gone for the batch approach as well. Sent out most of our day invites last week, and had 5 rsvps so far!! we have some friends we will invite to the day if no one comes, but as its mainly family and they have known the date for a while we are only expecting one family to poss. not be able to make it but they are travelling from portsmouth to hertfordshire and three kids under 3 so it will be fine if they can't come. I'm getting worried that if lots of our evening guests decline the venue will look empty in the evening

• A
    Beginner
    Andy114 ·
    • Hide content

I can't believe someone used the excuse too tired when it's a month away! that made me nearly spit coffee all over my computer! ?

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

We've invited 78 for the day and another 60 ish for the evening. Not all the responses are back yet (RSVP date is 12th March) but no declines yet. I'm only expecting one decline in the day. Not sure about the evening.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics