Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2024 South Yorkshire

rsvp Cards

Lauren, 2 of August of 2023 at 15:31 Posted on Planning 1 9
Are RSVP cards really worth the money spending? Do guest actually respond to them ? Or is it a risk you have to take?

9 replies

Latest activity by Steven, 9 of August of 2023 at 15:16
  • V
    Beginner February 2024 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Voirrey ·
    • Hide content

I set up a specific wedding email on gmail and then asked everyone to RSVP electronically. Made it super easy to keep on top of the replies and people just did it straight from their phones rather than having to schlep off to a postbox. Also saves money on stamps, either you pre-stamping envelopes or them having to buy one.

• L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content

We did a mix - cards for the older generation who would appreciate / expect them (I have at least one Aunt who is non-technological, so even though she could have got help with doing it online I thought it fairer to not do). We sent paper invitations though, so some people sent their own RSVP cards anyway, and some let us know another way (so I marked their responses myself).

We did have one paper RSVP with no name on it, which is a risk you have to run!

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I think having extra bits of paper would be a nightmare, especially when they’re coming in at different times. A better option is a QR code to a website to do the RSPv so you get the niceness of a physical invite but organisation of doing it online! Obviously some people may need a little bit of support with technology to do it x
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I've always used the RSVP card if it's been enclosed in an invite as it's easier than finding a card of my own to send back.

If most of you guests are online and you are asking for RSVPs online, then you don't need one. You may have some older guests who don't feel happy not sending a formal written acceptance, but they'll probably send you a proper card anyway - A couple of our older guests (in their late 80s) told us they could come, and I said that was fine and they didn't need to bother writing, but they still went out and bought little 'acceptance' cards to write to us!

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I definitely think RSVP online with a QR code is better as it enables you to be more organised and still gives you the option of having a physical invite x
  • Laura
    Curious November 2023 Warwickshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Only 5 out of 20 have used the RSVPs I made. So for me they’re not worth it
  • L
    Beginner August 2024 South Yorkshire
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's absolutely shocking lauraSmiley sad so sorry about that. I am considering doing an RSVP online just to save on money as beautiful as there are cause only 3 responded when I asked
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Ours isn’t out yet but I’ve made an email for them to RSVP back too. That’s only because costing with the extra cards. I know that seems very stingy.
  • Steven
    Beginner May 2024 Bedfordshire
    Steven ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have just made up some save the date on the computer and sent them to all our guests via what's app or email etc as the money for a piece of card is ridiculous we would rather put that money towards our wedding

& created a wedding website for our guests to RSVP etc using there email addresses

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics