Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner November 2016

RSVP deadline been and gone and hardly any replies :(

Annaangeluk2016, 6 of August of 2016 at 17:17 Posted on Planning 0 2

We sent out our evening invitations right at the beginning of July with a deadline of 1st August for the rsvps. Wedding is in November but we wanted numbers quite early to sort stuff out plus people would need to travel to get to us. We've both been surprised by the total lack of responses! We're not stressing about it yet but I'm just disappointed that people just clearly can't be arsed!! We asked for replies by text or to our wedding email address (which I've checked so they are definitely correct!) I understand that "our special day" wont be people's top priority but it would be nice to have them acknowledge our invite and respond!!

We're going to be sending out a message next week because I don't want people just turning up on the day! I'm just shocked how rude some people can be!!

Have anyone else had this problem?

Anna xx

2 replies

Latest activity by soraneko, 6 of August of 2016 at 22:57
  • rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Getting RSVP's back was the worst bit of wedding planning, I found it so stressful & yes very rude of people! People do just forget xx

• P
    Beginner November 2016
    Purpletgyrrr ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married in November too and sent out my invites at the start of July too. I wouldn't worry too much yet, I'd say I've had about 15 RSVPs so far. To be honest a month isn't very long, I'm sure you'll start to get them in thick and fast soon! I really hope the rest of mine coom in soonish as we've done a choice menu so need to get those collated sooner rather than later. Silly question but have you checked the junk mail folder on your email? Lots of mine went there if I didn't have their email address saved!

Good luck!

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

The evening guests are the WORST with the RSVPs. A lot of them seem to just assume it doesn't matter and so don't bother. Or even told MIL but didn't bother telling us! Apparently it really is that difficult to follow some simple instructions...

Don't panic yet, I'm sure people are getting things in order - you still have a few months for people to get back to you. If you're really worried about certain guests though I would give them a call. We had a few of our RSVPs (and invitations and STDs) getting lost in the post...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics