Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner November 2018

RSVP help...

Fireworkandfairylightwedding, 20 of December of 2017 at 19:54 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all,

I don’t want to spend a huge amount on wedding stationary as, let’s face it, it ends up in the bin and we’re on a tight budget. I’d rather spend the money elsewhere, on things that the guests will actually remember! I’ve already decided that I’m not sending save the dates, and instead I’ll send my invitations out early (we’re getting married on 03.11.18 and I plan on sending invites out in February/March/April time).

Here’s the issue I’m having, I don’t want to send RSVP slips with the invites as I doubt I’ll get many sent back. I will see most of the guests in person, or I’m sure they’ll just drop me a text or give me a call to confirm. In my opinion, I think most people would begrudge paying postage cost when they can send a text for free (and I’m not going to pay for postage when a) it’s expensive and b) I’m unlikely to get them back). So I planned on putting my name and phone number on the invites and telling guests to RSVP using that.

However, we have decided to upgrade our menu choice with our venue allowing each guest to choose a starter, main and dessert rather than having the set menu. I’m unsure on how to relay this to the guests, as they will need to give me their choice when RSVP-ing. I know this is usually included on RSVP cards, which of course I don’t want. My invites are being designed using vistaprint so you can edit the standard designs to include any information you want - Do you think it would be a bad idea to list menu options on the back of the invitation?

I have also designed a mini information card to match my investiations on vistaprint which has the venue location, dress code etc. and meal options (as this is where I originally planned on putting them) with a line at the bottom saying something like ‘RSVP menu choices by [date] to [my name] via [mobile number]’.

Is it acceptable for guests to give menu choices over the phone/via texts? Any other suggetsions will be greatly appreciated!

Also, it is unreasonable if I ask guests to RSVP by 1.07.18 (the wedding is 3.11.18) as I will need to collate all the information/menu choices and have time to chance up late reply’s etc. And confirm final menu choices and numbers 3 weeks before with the venue.

1 replies

Latest activity by Fireworkandfairylightwedding, 23 of December of 2017 at 07:29
  • N
    Beginner May 2019
    Northerngirl ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the process of setting up a wedding wedsite on 'gettingmarried.co.uk'. It's free and you can put all your wedding information on it. If there is not a catagory that you require, then you can add it.

Then you can just put a simple message at the bottom of your invitation - like 'please reply with menus choice at: name choice @gettingmarried.co.uk

Hope this helps

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that! I had set up a website (but not given any guests the details) at tietheknot.com. Although that site allowed guests to RSVP there is no option for guests to select their menu choices. Anyway, I’ve looked at the one you suggested and this one does include menu options so it’s much better for what we need!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics