Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shona
Beginner May 2023 Dorset

rsvp Panic!

Shona, 13 of January of 2023 at 11:22 Posted on Planning 0 5
My wedding is 4 months away from the 27th of this month and I am panicking about RSVPs, apart from invites, what else can I do to make sure I have a response from everyone I have invited?

5 replies

Latest activity by Tiff, 15 of January of 2023 at 16:37
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you have not sent invites you need to do this now and ensure you have a deadline date on your invite and set that for 4 weeks before you need to confirm your final venue/catering numbers so you have enough time to chase. We asked for RSVP on our Website, but we put our email and phone number on the invites so it was easier for people to contact us if they couldn't get on with the website. Sadly some people leave it right to the last minute so be prepared to have to chase.

• S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We sent our invitations 2 weeks ago - we had a flurry of responses within a couple of days and since then it’s gone quiet, but our deadline for them to RSVP is 1st Feb so we’re not concerned yet.

We included an RSVP card and envelope with our address printed in our invitations, and our wedding specific email address as well. Of the replies we’ve received so far, only one was through the post and all of the others have been over email, so having the email address was definitely the right decision.

• Emily
    Dedicated February 2023 Hertfordshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    Our wedding invites (sent November) were pretty basic, just date time and where the church was along with RSVP details. Now we've sent out a blanket email or what's app to everyone saying thank you to all those who have already RSVP, for those of you who haven't, please let us know by xx date. We've than added a load of information about the day, timings, car parking, taxi, hotel, dietary requirements, cash bar, gift list etc etc. We has about 4 replies almost by return. I think also because it was an informative email we got a good response. Any non replies will be getting a specific chasing email next week!!!! Some people will always be vert last minute, unfortunately!
  • B
    Beginner July 2023 East London
    Billy ·
    • Hide content

I usually keep an Excel spreadsheet and I have everything written down there and you can always call phone numbers to clarify! Will a person come or not))

• Tiff
    Curious June 2023 Devon
    Tiff ·
    • Hide content
    My partner and I put our RSVPs on our wedding website through hitched to save us from having to do tonnes of chasing, and unfortunately it's resulted in more chasing, as people often forget to check the website... Unfortunately people are flakey by nature, even for something like a wedding... Like the advice on here says I would chase up people before your deadline so you can give the venue final numbers x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics