Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2023 West Midlands

Rsvp time frame

Saraho, 20 of January of 2023 at 20:50 Posted on Planning 0 3
We are having our wedding Sun 28 May which is a bank holiday weekend.

We didn’t send save the dates as only booked everything in last few weeks.
I want to send out the invites by end of Jan latest.
I would like the RSVP to be asap so I’m less anxious ha and feel people will know if they can attend or not. The venue do not need final numbers until 4-6 weeks prior.
Would March 24 be too soon to ask people to rsvp?

3 replies

Latest activity by Kirsty, 26 of January of 2023 at 14:29
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Not too soon at all - guests don’t know your venue’s timeframe and it gives you plenty of time to chase if anyone misses the deadline.

We’re getting married on 1st April. We sent our invitations in the first week of January with an RSVP date of 1st February. A long date just means people think they can leave it longer, while a short date makes them think they should reply asap.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Now is a perfect time to send, 4 months is ideal as not to far in advance but gives you time to collate RSVPs, as believe me, you will have to chase people! We gave an 8 week timescale to reply, so if you send this week the 24th march will work perfectly.

We then sent gentle reminders 2 weeks before the deadline date to anyone who had not replied. You then still have a couple of weeks after the date to chase again if needed before final numbers or if you have declines you can add in other guests. On that note, if you have a backup list I would send invites to them as soon as you know you have a gap so they have time to reply within your deadline and it doesnt look so much like you added them as a backup, if that makes sense

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married on 1st June. I sent my invites out before Christmas as my wedding is in the school holidays, so we wanted people to know about the date before they started booking holidays. I asked for RSVPs by 1st February and I've already had them all back. I just wanted the time and didn't want to be chasing right up to the deadline the venue have given me.

I think March 24th is a good time to ask for them back. Once you have them all back it crosses another thing off the list and you can start working on your table plan and getting place cards etc sorted. There are quite a few things you need to know numbers for, so having your RSVPs back early gives your plenty of time to do all those things.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics