Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2013

RSVP wording

Laura100813, 16 November, 2012 at 11:27 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this first of all, but I struggled to find one if there is!

I'm going to attempt to start making my invitations at the weekend - I'm doing pocketfolds with inserts and just wondered what wording others had used on their RSVPs? Did you ask people to confirm how many would be attendimg from their family? Did you also on them whether any high chairs would be needed/children's meals/vegetarians etc?

Sorry for all the questions, but don't want to include too much on it, but also don't want to miss anything key!

How far ahead of the wedding did everyone request their RSVPs be sent back by?

Many thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by *Eclair*, 16 November, 2012 at 11:58
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Hi Laura

I named each individual person on the invite so as to avoid confusion (e.g. Tom, Jane, Billy and Molly Smith).

Then on the RSVP cards I asked for the following:

'I/We are able/unable to attend' then a space for people to write

Dietary requirements

Whether they would prefer red or white wine

Favourite song for the evening

I didn't send save the dates and sent my invites out 6 months in advance with an RSVP of 3 months before the wedding. This is quite early but I needed to sort wine etc. I hardly had to chase any RSVPs and only one person dropped out in between RSVP and and the actual date.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

We sent out our invitations in March and gave people a month to RSVP (we got married in August.)

I think it depends on how well you know your guests. I knew that we only had 2 vegetarians out of our 80 guests and we only had one child of high chair age so I just asked his mum (my bridesmaid.)

Presumably people will RSVP for everyone mentioned on the invitation. If one family member can't come they will hopefully tell you anyway.

I'd keep it simple. Just something like. "Please let us know if you have any additional requirements, e.g. high chairs, vegetarian meals."

I like to think that most people will have the common sense to tell you if they need something. *wishful thinking*

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics