Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire

Rsvp's

Sarahjp2021, 18 of May of 2021 at 12:48 Posted on Planning 0 4
We are due to get married on 29th July 2021. We sent out save the dates earlier in the year and sent out or invitations at the end of April. We have invited approximately 60 guest but we are starting to get a bit frustrated, we've had over 10 declines already, some of which didn't even say a word ust responded no, no message or anything. We've had a few people question why we are inviting them as there could be restricted numbers. I know some people may just be trying to be nice in saying if there's restricted number we won't come but at the end of the day we hope there won't be any number restrictions and even if there is it's down to us to sort that out and decide who we will have there. We set a deadline of 17th June but haven't had many acceptances yet, it's starting to get a bit worrying. Is anyone else having the same issues?

4 replies

Latest activity by Esther, 23 of May of 2021 at 18:07
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    We are getting married 10th July. So far we had a few pull out because of travel restrictions, one couple because the wife is now scared of London/Covid and a few who are coming without partners because of childcare concerns but after all that we’ll have 50 attendees (incl 4 kids) which is perfect for us.

I’d say - send a few chaser texts post Boris announcement on 24th May and see what’s going on. Also tell your guests that you are planning for no restrictions so need to know your max numbers. You will let them know if due to restrictions you need to rescind an invite.
    I’m a very direct person and in the time of covid wedding planning it’s been a bloody Godsend. Good luck x
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I’m having the same problem. We’re getting married august 2021 and we set a June 20th deadline for replies.
    People have responded to the invites saying how exciting or congratulations but not actually confirming or declining!! Some have asked what happens regarding restrictions and we’ve just said we’ll sort that if it comes to it.
    I’m going to send out messages at the beginning of June reminding and asking people what they are doing as we have to give our numbers to the caterers on the 1st of July. Anyone who doesn’t reply/commit then I will ‘nicely’ tell them that the invite has expired and been passed to someone who will reply 🙊
    I understand people are worried about restrictions and the roadmap plan etc but I’ve made it very clear to everyone that I’m a positive person and I’m planning a wedding in a positive way as in burying my head that there could be problems 🤣
  • RomanticGoldBridesmaid22871
    Beginner July 2021
    RomanticGoldBridesmaid22871 ·
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married 17th July 2021 and also had only about 30% of people rsvp so far. Its driving me mad just having no idea what our wedding will look like but as you say we are planning for no restrictions. Our plan if we do end up at only 30 is just to contact everyone and let them know if they are in the 30 or not. I've been planning my wedding since July 2019 and it breaks me heart to think that it might be just 30 people and no dancing 😞
  • E
    Beginner April 2021 East Sussex
    Esther ·
    • Hide content

Honestly, just ask! If your guests are concerned about restrictions and safety, opening the conversation gives them a chance to say so. And if they would rather not come at all, that's their loss. If they are true friends to you they will be thrilled to be asked at all and looking forward to celebrating on the day with you no matter what xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics