Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner August 2015

RSVPs - how to ask for menu choices?

Purplecake, 17 of February of 2015 at 12:02 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hiya, i know there's been a lot of invitation Qs recently so i hope not to bore you..but how do you stipulate you need menu choices for all the guests invited on that invite when they send their RSVPs? For example, my mock up currently has:

Named invitee/s____________________________________

___ Accepts with pleasure

___ Declines with regret

Please note any dietary requirements

Please indicate which choice you would like for the wedding breakfast

Spring Roll (v) & Risotto (v) x ___ named guests

or

Ravioli & Chicken x ___ named guests

My hope is that they would write a number in each ___ field, so that it's 1 x guest, or 2 x guest etc for each option. Or is it better to say something else like x __ meals needed? It's trivial i know, but having read some RSVP annoyances on here i'm trying to limit the mistakes the guests can make by just ticking one box, and I'm to assume it's that meal for the entire family, for example. If your guests had menu choices, how did you ask?

(The above aren't my meal choices by the way, they're completely made up as we haven't decided our menu yet despite needing to print the RSVPs this weekend!)

3 replies

Latest activity by Purplecake, 18 of February of 2015 at 10:01
  • F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

We will be doing similar - we have 3 choices per guest for them to choose from. Your mock up looks good, the only thing i would say is will your venue need to know what each guest has selected (as opposed to the number of dishes overall)? Ours is a sit down meal, and I will be making a copy of the table plan with food choices on per guest for the venue. This way, they will just bring out the food to the guests without asking what everyone has ordered. As a back up, the food choices will also be on the back of the place names as a reminder for both the venue and guests. I will be including a menu choice card for each guest - so if a couple, they will get 2 menu cards - with the guest's name at the top, and then tick boxes for them to select which option per course. This way, I will be able to tell the venue who has chosen what. I understand that may be a lot of extra printing for some people, but we are having approx 50 day guests and our friends are printing the details for us. Plus the venue has said it really helps them to organise and sort the meal better if they know exactly where to send the food. HTH!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

On my invitation I listed the choices for each course giving each one a letter, A, B, C, D etc, then I printed RSVP cards for each family listing each person's name and then making a column for Starter, Main, Desert and asked for them to note the letter for each choice. Worked really really well and means I can give the venue the seating plan and the list for what everyone will have so each plate can be taken directly to it's correct recipient.Then I'm printing place cards with each person's menu chioce underneath so hopefully no problems on the day.

hth

x

• TheFutureMrsB
    Beginner June 2015
    TheFutureMrsB ·
    • Hide content

I'm having the same dilemma!

We need 3 choices from each person and I'm still not sure the best way to do it. I don't know if we need to know who has chosen what food or just numbers for the venue?

I currently have mine like this... (I'm also putting in a menu with full descriptions of each dish)

R.S.V.P

Kindly respond on or before April 28th 2015

Name(s) ______________________________________________

____ Accepts with pleasure ____ Declines with regret

Menu choice (please tick and initial)

Starter Main Dessert

Soup ­­­____ Chicken ____ Mousse ____

Pate _____ Pork ____ Citrus Tart ____

Prawns _____ Salmon ____ Crème Brulé ____

Pasta ____

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

Interesting thoughts, thank you all it does help. I would need to specify to the venue who is eating what (this will be colour coded for the 2 options on a print out of seating plan i provide them), but i am hoping as it's only a choice out of meat or vegetarian then (knowing our families) the majority will be meat choice. And any veggies ticked i could guess quite well who it could be. But even that sounds risky, so i like the idea of asking them to tick and initial, as that shouldn't take up too much extra room on the card. I'll have a play around, thanks for the suggestions!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics