Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner

Running order for a 1pm wedding

ExpensiveBlueCakes45790, 21 of August of 2019 at 23:09 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. My venue had a running order and I was very happy to go along with this.

However that was based on a 2pm Ceremony, the registrar could only do 1pm or 3pm on that day. So I went with 1pm.

The new timings means that everything has been pushed forward by 1 hour. So originally the DJ would start and the eve would kick off about 7:30pm however now it's coming up at 6:30pm which just feels too early for me.

I want to try and squeeze half an hour into the daytime and have the DJ start at 7pm instead, so I wondered if this running order sounded ok?

I won't be having canapes, but there will be drinks in-between ceremony and the wedding breakfast. I also the wedding breakfast is a BBQ and mini puds so it will be more buffet like. I read that, that can take longer than a sit down meal.

12:00 Guests arrive 13:00 Ceremony 13:30 Photos and drinks 15:00 Guests call to be seated 15:30 Food Served 17:00 Speeches 17:30 Turn around 18:30 Eve guests arrive 19:00 DJ Start 19:15 Cake Cutting 19:30 First Dance 21:00 Buffet 00:00 Finish

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 31 of August of 2019 at 09:43
  • E
    Beginner April 2020
    Easterbride2020 ·
    • Hide content

Dont know if this would help but we are having a 12pm ceremony as this was the only time available.

These are our timings:

12pm - ceremony

12.30pm - welcome drinks & photographs

2.45pm - find your seat

3pm - wedding breakfast

5pm - speeches

( Go into bar at 5.30 til 7 to allow turnaround and DJ to set up)

7pm - evening guests arrive

7.30pm - cutting the cake

7.45pm - first dance

8.30pm - evening buffet

Hope this helps! Xx

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That looks perfect to me. And I have always found that a help yourself buffet style is quicker than a sit down service.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics