Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lamby
Beginner August 2010

Ruth - Church Wedding Reading

lamby, 9 March, 2010 at 17:06 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi!

Is anyone having the below reading for their wedding? I've just looked it up after a friend recommended and really love it - had been struggling to find one. Just wondered if anyone knew if it was Old or New Testament or even better can give me the full version - assuming this isn't it, seems quite short? I keep seeing different versions on the net, some in ye olde English, and some written quite differently! I want to find the right one, but think it's so lovely! Thanks x

Ruth 1:16-17

But Ruth said, "Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God.

"Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. Thus may the LORD do to me, and worse, if anything but death parts you and me."

1 replies

Latest activity by meggles24, 9 March, 2010 at 17:50
  • urbanbridesmaid
    urbanbridesmaid ·
    • Hide content

Ruth is in the Old Testament.

Why not try Bible Gateway online for either New international Version (NIV) or New King's James (NKJV) which are modern English versions.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ruth%201&version=NIV

Kind regards

Louisa

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

IF you are stuck trying to fins verses you like try the "street bible" it uses modern language and it quite cool!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics