Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Puddycat
Beginner December 2012

SAE + Stamp RSVP's

Puddycat, 22 June, 2012 at 21:31 Posted on Planning 0 8

Ladies, I was just wondering how many people have enclosed SAE with a stamp on for your RSVP's. Is it worth it or not?

8 replies

Latest activity by delphi13, 23 June, 2012 at 09:14
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I enclosed an addressed envelope but no stamp. No issues getting them back.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We had addressed RSVPs, forgot stamps. Had a few issues getting them back. Had several people lose the postcard and have to ask us for the address. I did wonder afterwards if stamps would have helped.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I wont be even be including an envelope as I expect people will RSVP via more modern means, text email, facebook etc. That said we don't have a menu selector or similar that we need to have returned.

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

We have got SAE but not putting on stamps, have also included our address on the invite! Better to be safe than have to put up with those pesky phone calls! ?

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

I included nothing, just asked them to RSVP, most people sent them back, a few gave them to us personally.

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content

I think I will put RSVP with stamps for the day invites. There will only be about 20 of them and most will like the old fashioned bit. But i hear what your saying for the evening invites and i think the modern methods for the evening invites might be a bit more appropriate ?

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were the opposite - we included a stamped, addressed envelope because we wanted the cards back and didn't want text/email RSVPs. I didn't want to put my guests to the expense when it was me who wanted the cards though, hence providing the stamp Smiley smile

• D
    Savvy September 2012
    delphi13 ·
    • Hide content

We did and I've been surprised by how many RSVPs we received back in a short space of time. We only gave 3 weeks to RSVP and bar about 10% (of which most live abroad so we couldn't put a stamp on) we have had them all back. I'd say it was worth it. We did also include our email for modern replies but we only received a few back that way and they also sent it in the post just to be sure

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics