Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2011

Sage Green & Ivory anyone??

Emma J Smith 222, 15 of July of 2010 at 13:08 Posted on Planning 0 30

Hi all!

I am having such a nightmare trying to decide on my colour scheme! I cant believe Im finding it so difficult but my problem is until Ive sorted that theres no way of me looking at anything else, invitations etc!

Anyway, I was thinking of Cadburys purple but have since decided on Sage Green & Ivory as it will be May 2011. Is anyone else having these colours and have you found BM dresses yet as Im finding this really hard!!

Emma

30 replies

Latest activity by susanp_85, 5 of July of 2011 at 13:22
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous combination!!! There willbe plenty to offer, try Dessys website, you can play with the colours on that one..even having ivory bms with sage sashes would work..

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    madmo247 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emma,

i am having Sage green and ivory too. I know what you mean about the difficultiy in getting the correct shade as sage comes in different tones depending on the material used. I have been on ebay today and found a beautiful dress in the right colour. H
    ope this helps.

Satin bridesmaid wedding dress custom 06bm1036 SALE

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

I found a good place to look for colours was Light In The Box - even if you're not going to buy (it's cheap chinese wholesale, not for everyone as you're buying without having seen the dress 'in the flesh'), it's still good for checking colours - just click on whichever BM dress you like, then click on colour and size guide - it shows you all the different colours in the different materials. It's a great website!

Hope that helps! x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I am doing a wedding next week with sage Bridesmaids dress, seeing the Bride over the weekend so will get details for you.

• W
    www.poesh.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

here is a mood board (NOT done by me) that incorporates small touches of sage green. I think it looks really elegant. But sage green and ivory/champagne is a lovely colour and can be as bold or as light as you want it so can pretty much suit your style/personality etc but then again any colour can be especially when using different tones etc. I like the bridesmaid dress already posted above by another hitcher Smiley smile

hope you find the colours your after Smiley smile happy planning Smiley smile

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Me Me Me!!!

I bought the fabric and got my bridesmaids dresses made. That's how I got round the colour issue. Another hitcher who got married last yr had the same and got her dresses from Alfred Angelo.

I bought sage green grosgrain ribbon for the invites, and also got all my card in the right colours from anatoli invites. It was quite expensive but well worth it!

I will post some photos later of what I have so far.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Sage green was my first choice but for a few reasons I needed to buy dresses close to the date of the wedding so thought choc brown would be easier to find (in the end I had them made so could have had what I wanted).

Some of the most stunning wedding photos I've seen have been with sage green as the colour scheme. The hitcher's wedding that Zippy rerfers to is one of them. Sage green and ivory hydrangea, stunning.

Zippy - I didn't realise that was your colour? Another wedding to be jealous over!

• B
    Beginner September 2010
    barbsie ·
    • Hide content

Thats sort of my colour scheme Moss green , champagne , ivory and chocolate brown . I am not having bridesmaids , but my dress is champagne , groomsmen are in chocolate brown suits with champagne waistcoats , chocolate brown cravattes & ivory shirts .... the decor in the venue (an oak barn with ivory walls) will incorporate all of these colours as will /do My invites , menu, Name places , favours , table plan , post box , decorations & cake , I think it looks lovley . Someone i work with did mention that i might need to brighten it up with a bit of pink , but after running it by the girls on here , i reverted back to the origional plan and i am very pleased i did. I think it looks lovley .

• B
    Beginner September 2010
    barbsie ·
    • Hide content

Bloody ticker never works

• MrsS29
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsS29 ·
    • Hide content

Im having green and white. Its hard to pick an exact colour of green because 'sage' on one site is totally differnt from sage on another!

Im having these bridesmaid dresses in apple slice with the sash white. Thats a really good site to play about on because it lets you see dresses you like in the colour you like!

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6577/

x

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I've also been thinking about sage gree and ivory. I love this dress for the bridesmaids: https://www.coastfashion.com/womens/dresses

They also do a longer version - https://www.coastfashion.com/womens/dresses/maxi-dresses

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

As promised ?

• Mrs G to be
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs G to be ·
    • Hide content

Hi all ? It is me, I've just decided to change my name.

Thanks so much for all the advise and pics and everything, really has helped loads..and in actual fact, I have now made an executive decision to go with these colours now as you've all twisted my arm Smiley smile

You know when you just aren't sure on something and you need a bit of a push well that's what I needed and Sage and ivory it is!! Woo!

Thanks everyone xx

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

I was, may still have, sage green and pink. Also struggling to decide! Check out these fab sage green dresses from coast, come in maxi and normal length. LOVE them!

http://www.coast-stores.com/allure%20maxi%20dress/maxi-dresses/Coast/fcp-product/2224675155

• susanp_85
    Beginner June 2012
    susanp_85 ·
    • Hide content

Just wondered where you got your save the dates from. Its exactly what I am looking for, especially colour. Thanks

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emma

I originally picked dark purple and ivory but as getting married in July 2012 I changed my scheme to sage and ivory but not until I actually went looking at bridesmaid dresses last month and fell in love with the colour.

Mine are by a designer called Alexia and basically they do their dresses in pretty much any colour. I got mine from a bridal shop and they were only £99 each.

I have found it relatively easy to get a match on the dresses for other stuff I want.

Hope this helps!

x

• greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on having an olive green colour scheme. But it is proving difficult as no flowers/greenery comes in this colour = so apart from the BM's dresses and men's ties everything else will have to be more of a forest green. I go through phases of thinking this is ok and phases where i thing loads of different greens will be a bit of a disaster. I think sage green will match really will with flowers/greenery/centrepeices etc. and I have seen loads of BM dresses out there in sage green so i think it should be ok if you loook around. good luck x

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

I started with wanting sage green bm dresses, couldnt find any nice ones and we came home with dusky pink ones!

Good luck hope you have more luck than i did.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

My colour scheme was sage green and ivory. The sage green certainly looked lovely with my ivory dress and just looked lovely in the photos. I found BHS to have the best choice of sage green dresses so got my smaller bridesmaid dress from there and hubby and the best man had a waistcoat and cravat in sage green and ivory from BHS. My maid of honours dress came from Ebay as she didnt want strapless but luckily the sage green matched perfectly with the BHS dress. Our flowers were done in a very natural garden style with lots of green foliage, cream and dusky pink roses.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you mean mine?

I got them from http://www.prettywild.co.uk/ They were magnets.

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I did a lovely chequebook invitation in sage and ivory not so long ago with dusty pink accents. Was gorgeous.

Nat

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Just realised this is an old thread

Nat

• M
    Beginner
    miss_holloway ·
    • Hide content

These are my bridesmaids dresses. they look really nice when they're on x

• susanp_85
    Beginner June 2012
    susanp_85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much Zippy. I have been trawling the net looking for them. I didnt think anyone would reply either with it being an old thread. Doesnt help living in Australia doing all this stuff as well. Thanks so much again.

Susan

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

• P
    Beginner September 2011
    PrettySparkly ·
    • Hide content

I'm gatting married in 2 weeks and sage / willow green and ivory are our colours. I will try to take some photos to flash but the flashing may be after the event with my weddintg report Smiley smile x

• S
    Beginner December 2012
    Sarah-Jayne x ·
    • Hide content

Heres some of my sage & ivory wedding stationery that might help you to decide on your colour scheme:

Sarah x

• pink1908
    Beginner September 2011
    pink1908 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am having Sage Green with Dusky pink.... Smiley smile heres my girls in their dresses they are from Coast.

• susanp_85
    Beginner June 2012
    susanp_85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would just get them sent to my fiance anyway, he's still in the country Smiley smile They must be good though as they are fully booked for reservations etc till September. Thanks again though

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics